Talk to yourself, out loud or in your head, when you run?

I end up talking to myself out loud, and it usually starts with singing something and goes on from there.

Sometimes I talk to Spike & Lucy, two boxers on Joy Acre Lane, and sometimes I talk to Junior & Nightshade, two dogs at different houses on my other routes. They see me coming, begin to talk (bark) and I talk back.

I've been known to talk to the road kill.

All the time! I have "conversations" with all kinds of different people, including a bunch of you guys here. I also talk with myself when the going gets a bit rough.
Of course, there was the time at the end of the Columbus Marathon when I was extremely dehydrated and was having a conversation with JFK, RFK and MLK jr. And this from a staunch conservative Republican!

sometimes
usually quietly
sometimes yell at things but otherwise it is my quiet time

Yeah I usually do, most of the time. Sometimes I find myself singing or humming along with whatever is on the MP3 player at the time.

The only thing I don't like about running with Batjac, are the days he isn't next to me. I've found that the conversation is a necessity now, and when he is not there, I tend to think too much and it winds up affecting my running for the worse. When I do run by myself, I try to keep myself occupied by looking at the scenery or surroundings, and not my feet or motion.

Sometimes I will talk, to tell myself to keep going. It may sound dumb but, it works!

Only when I'm delirious from dehydration! :D

:LOL:
If I'm ever that delirious during a race, it's not sideshow entertainment, it means I need an ambulance.

I sing! Today a kid asked me if I've seen his lost puppy, so, yeah, I end up talking to all sorts of people. :D

Shelly

Not dumb at all. I do it too, and it helps me re-focus my energy.

If a prayer counts, then I guess I do too.

I'm an only child, I grew up talking to myself and imaginary playmates! ;)

Depends on what's going on in my life at the time, either I'm saying a prayer for someone, talking to myself, working through stuff, or talking to someone else, although no one as interesting as Fla's companions! It keeps me from thinking about how slow I run.