I was thinking, were do you all run? Do you have your favorite routes? Do you run the same route all the time or do you switch around a lot?

I run a 2.25 mile loop around a reservoir. It is on pretty busy streets, and passes by a college and two high schools. I also pass by two or three "city parks". I was thinking of taking a few pictures of my route to give you guys an idea about how cool the Bronx can be.

Any body else interested? How cool is your everyday run? Pictures?

at my old house i had over 30 courses mapped out

at my new house i have just 3 now but i have measured just about all of the roads so i can actually "make" courses when i decide too. I actually made an excel spreadsheet of all the streets with the distances. pretty anal but easier than continuing to drive them all the time. I just write them down when i remember while driving the route

i have planned to make courses of all distances, type (flat v hilly) and safety.

a lot of times due to the kids being around i run on the treadmill, it is good for all of us they are supervised and stuff
i have 400 miles in this year and over 200 are likely on the treadmill

My starting line is the end of my driveway. I've got about 5 different routes that I do. All of them air fairly hilly, which is OK with me unless I'm trying to keep my HR down.

I've got two different routes at work that I can do and they are both super hilly. I've also got a 1.14 mile loop at work that is the flatest I can find (or any other runners, it's very popular because it's almost flat).

If you're itching for pics, I'll go out and take some. It's kind of boring though, just suburban Atlanta, nothing special.

I sometimes run on the treadmill, also around my property(read:driveway loops). If I want a hilly course I go to Adams trail near my house and on the weekends for my longer runs I usually run with a group at North Park, which has a scenic 5 mile loop around the lake, it nice because we also have 7, 10, 15, 20 mile routes mapped out around the park.

have several routes mapped out from my frotn door. Three include a rail-trail bike path. Going south it is pancake flat and crushed limestone, going NW it is rolling and paved asphalt. I have mile markers and the routes are 3, 5, 6.5 but anythign can be added. really convinent. My other favorite runs are at the locla college UW-Parkside. It has a dedicated XC course with several routes and some hills, and is adjacent to a very nice park (Petrifying Springs) which has wood chip bridal path trails and several other single track trails that are often used by mtn bikers. It is jsut a 5 mile commute (each way) to UWP (often times i bike out there to run) and the time spent is well worth it.

I have a 5 and a 6 mile route mapped out at work, but like rtpd, I have the segments mapped by mile lengths so I can change up if I get bored. At home I either run in Valley Forge Park (6 mile trail), the Schuykill bike path (unlimited) or down at Forbidden Drive in Chestnut Hill (can go as long as 11).....occasionally on Kelly Drive when I feel like driving down there. My favorites are FD and VF because both are dirt/gravel, shaded, and scenic. I never fail to see a deer when I run in VF.

But if I had my way I'd rather run on the beach!

For me I have several 4 to 9 mile routes that overlap depending on the time of day and type of workout.

They are:

Mill Creek Park ( 1 Mile Loop)
The Trolly Trail (9 miles) but broken up into street segments.
The marathon course run 3 to 5 miles out and back

Most of my running is just outside my door, but at some point I have a major hill to deal with.

Lots of my runs and bike miles are on this trail, otherwise along the river or loop a lake or 2.

That's Beautiful! My route is quite that pretty. I am going to go out and snap a few pics today.

We do have a nice 5K at Van Cortlandt park in the Bronx, but I don't run it too often.

These are parts of the Bronx that are all within a few miles of my house.

(Link doesn't seem to mesh with BB):

Treadmill
A paved trail that runs along the mighty Missouri river. (Its only 3 miles long, I wish it was longer)
park

I have several loops from my house. I have this geeky master list of combinations of the loops so I can mix them up to run longer distances. I run these the most.

I also have a 2 mile loop and 6.5 mile course at work.

For special occasions-

I will use the Sante Fe trail for my LSD.

I run at the Air Force Academy (when they allow civilians). Great hill training.

I may drive somewhere to run a race course that I really liked.

I am pretty anal about my distance, so I have to know the mileage of the course I am running. That rules out a lot of the fun trails in the area. Maybe some of you bikers can come out to Colorado and measure them for me.

LSD? Isn't hard to find your way back? :P

I do speed on Tuesdays, too.

I do speed on Tuesdays, too.
:LOL: WMS!
wms=wetting myself

Yeah, me too. I have distances from 3 miles up to a 20 mile loop. I'll have to get creative when I go longer than 20.

For my longer runs I either run to it, or along side it