My mum and I have communication issues. I'm a 15 year old male, and am developing at what I would think is normal for someone my age. My mum is a single mother, and I never see my dad.

When the time is right, how should I go about it, asking her to get me a razor and shaving foam/cream/gel? How would I get her to teach me? Like I said, we have communication issues, we argue a lot, and we don't talk much, but obviously it is important that I learn this, and at my age I can't actually buy myself a razor.

My only other option is to ask my older sister's boyfriend, who is 20, and luckily I get on quite well with him.

What do you guys and gals think? Thank you for reading, any responses would be greatly appreciated.

hey there.

Things like this can be difficult or akward to ask your parents especially if they are of the opposite sex.

If you feel comfortable with your sisters boyfriend then ask him..... but shaving really isnt difficult and isnt hard to do. why arnt you able to buy shaving cream and a razor? there shouldnt be any age restrictions on it..... if you want i can explain more on how to shave as well as answer any other questions about things that you are having a hard time talking to your mom about.... if you feel more comfortable you can send me a private message by clicking on the envalope next to my user name or clicking on the message button in your navigator tool

The legal age to buy a razor is 16 here, and thank you.

really? where are you from? have you started growing any facial hair yet? when did you start going through puberty and how quickly do you thing you are progressing? do you think you will need to shave before you are 16? If so i would ask your sisters boyfriend to buy you a razor. you can still buy the shaving cream.

I'm from the UK, but I'm not actually sure, some sites say it's 16, others say there isn't an age requirement. Hmm. :/

I started going through puberty when I was 11-12, however since I was 14 it has been progressing much faster than previously. I do have some small facial hairs, but none that are too long. Most boys in my year group at school shave too, so I was just thinking, maybe it will be time soon.

well it will most likly be time soon but its really up to you. if you dont have many then it still may take awhile before things progress enought to where you want to start shaving. I would go and try to buy a razor. there really shouldnt be an age limit to buy one. and the worst thing they can say is , "i'm sorry but you have to be 16 to buy one of these".... shaving isnt really difficult at all and once you get the hang of it you will have no problem.

if you want details on shaving just let me know. but its easier to show someone than to try and explain. just remember practice makes perfect....

yeah i agree with you biomajor!!