Hi

Some help please. Its my girlfriends 21st birthday in two weeks and I need to figure out what to get for her. One thing I know she absolutely loves is all kinds of makeup. She follows blogs, youtube, magazines, etc. I have no idea about makeup myself - just know she always looks gorgeous but don't know what she uses. 

Can I ask you ladies to please help me pick out something for her that she will be thrilled with? I dont want to go wrong here. Weve been together five months now so long enough I should know what she likes. I need your help though!!!

Hmmm.... not being funny or anything, but SOME ladies will interpret getting makeup for their birthdays from their BFs as a sign that "oh no, he thinks I'm not pretty the way I am!" That could either make her angry or be a blow to her self confidence. This is not rue for all of course, just sayin, if you want to give makeup be really sure that she'd appreciate it.

Some girls will also like it if you take her shopping so she can pick it for herself rather than you picking something she might not like. Anyway, I can brainstorm with you if you like, but you need to tell me a bit more about her. What kind of makeup does she usually wear? Bright colors, more subdued? Does she wear makeup every day, different with every outfit? Any info you can provide will help us help you :).

If you want to get something related to beauty, I strongly suggest either a very nice perfume, or a day at the spa. 

I agree that buying makeup is potentially problematic, not in the least because she might not like what you choose and you will then have to give her the receipt to exchange the gift. Or she'll pretend she likes what you got her, which is always sad! Perfume is so much more universal than that, and everyone likes a day at the spa being pampered! That last idea means she'll feel you care about her rather than what she looks like as well. 

Celebrity

Oopsie, wrong topic. Will post here later. 

Celebrity
Hey,

One thing you know for sure is that your girlfriend loves makeup. One thing you do not know, since you would not be asking here if you did, is exactly what kind of makeup she loves. You want to make her happy with the makeup she loves, but don't know what that is. Asking non-her people on the internet what to buy her will not solve your problem, but luckily, there is something that will.

Since nobody else suggested it yet, I will be the one to do it. Get her a gift card. Sephora has gift cards, for example.

I know gift cards have a reputation for being impersonal, but on the plus side, a Sephora gift card will allow her to choose something she really wants while still letting her know you are aware that she would appreciate makeup.

Rosie

Hey, how about this? Get her some stuff to apply makeup with, brushes, a beauty blender, that kind of thing, and you could give her a voucher for picking makeup of her own choice. But have you ever thought about getting your girlfriend a nice knife? I gave a knife to my sister once, a pocket knife, for cleaning your nails, cutting cheese, opening parcel, and perhaps one day defending yourself. She was so happy. She takes it with her wherever she goes. I knife a more bad ass gift than makeup.

Well, in Sephora they have  gift sets. They are really nice, and contain lots of different makeup. They come in a cute container too. In that shop there is also a gift area, where they wrap your makeup up.  Another nice shop with makeup is Mac. It's pretty expensive, but it has really good makeup. I really like the makeup there, so maybe she will like it too. There is another shop I really like called NYX. It has really nice makeup too, and good brushes. Out of all of these, I think my favorite is Sephora. They are all really good though.

Since you are actually asking for concrete ideas and nobody has given you any quite yet, I will bite. With the caveat that her tastes might be completely different to mine, of course!

Some makeup set suggestions for you, that would make great birthday gifts in my opinion:

• Urban Decay full spectrum palette
  • Urban Decay naked ultimate basics
  • Urban Decay vice lipstick stockpile
  • Kat Von D everlasting mini liquid lipstick set
  • Sephora Favorites extravagant eyes
  • Benefit dandelion wishes baby pink makeup set
  • Clinique very honey holiday eye palette
  • Viseart blush palette 

Definitely stay away from pore reducing kits or anything else that might make your girlfriend feel ugly rather than beautiful!

Hi! I like a lot of makeup. These are some things I really like, that you can get her:

* A beauty blender

* Clinique Crayola Crayon Box in 8 Brilliant Colors. You can get that in Sephora.*

* YVES SAINT LAURENT gift set

*Benefit Cosmetic set, from Sephora.

* Give me some Lip Liner set.

* Darling Rollbacks

* Sephora LashStach

* Quench Your Skin

Those are some really good makeup sets. I really enjoy them. I think they would be perfect for your girlfriend. They are all at Sephora. Sephora is a really good place for makeup. I hope your girlfriend like them.