Does anyone know any OTC alternatives to Flonase? I know that Flonase is typical corticosteroid and that it takes 2 or 3 days before it start working but I do not want it. I am so scared of taking corticosteroid drugs even for my nose congestion. That is the main reason I need something else, some OTC alternative.

There are several other nose sprays that you may use for congestion. Many of them do not contain corticosteroids as active ingredient. Best advice you can get is to take saline solution on regular basis. This product is harmless (it is used for babies) and you can use it as much as you like. Still if you are not satisfied with saline solution, ask your doctor for other nose spray.

Hello there,

As the poster above me said it is best to consult with your doctor in situations like this. if you are avoiding things that can help you than there is not much your doctor can do about all this but you can try. Good luck anyway.

My allegies are year round and i was prescribed Flonase by my doctor. I've been using it everyday for more than 10 years now. No side effect at all.

I used it and the first day I got a throbbing headache that lasted till the next day.