I was recently diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and endoscopic surgery was recommended. It's currently very bad and i'd at least like to find something to relieve the symptoms and if possible avoid the surgery, though i realise that's unlikely! There is a thickening of the lining in my sinuses. I don't have any other symptoms but pressure around my eyes.

Since i found out i have tried a course of antibiotics, antihistamines and a nasal spray for a couple of months. They had no effect and the sinusitis got worse. So recently i tried Serrapeptase, colloidal silver (to treat any underlying infections) and a plantain and eyebright herbal remedy, all known to effective against chronic sinusitis. They did absolutely nothing either, the sinusitis has gotten worse so i'm now at the stage where surgery seems like my only option and the pressure around my eyes is unbearable. Given how bad it is i'm reluctant to have the operation as i don't want to make it any worse. So it's a catch 22 situation; if i don't have the surgery it's only going to get worse and if i do it'll get worse but eventually get better. That is if the surgery works.

I've also tried nasal irrigation, super sinus oil, and steam inhalation. Steam inhalation is the only thing that seems to work but it's only temporary. I don't know what to try at this stage so i'm asking here if there's anything you've tried that's worked so i can at least narrow down the options. Does the sinus doctor actually work? If i can try the most effective treatment available then at least i can say i've tried everything and surgery is the only viable option.

I be really grateful to hear from fellow sufferers about anything that has helped. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I thought i'd add that i don't think i have an infection and there's no discharge of any kind or any other symptoms. Just chronic pressure in the sinus areas. Right now i want to find something that will relieve it. Sudafed does but i've been advised not to take it as it can make it worse. Also if anyone's had the surgery i'd be interested to know if it was successful and what the procedure was like. I've been given very little info other than a leaflet but i read an account on here and it sounds deeply unpleasant. I'd like to try all possible alternatives anyway but i'm a little stuck as to what to try next and how long i should try something before i see results. Cheers.

Took the antibiotics (Augmentin) and sinusitis looked like it was on the way out, BUT have the weighted puffy eyes. Pain to drive at sometimes, a gentle headache, and just a tad tired. But I can still play sports and do active things in general. But somedays I feel it slowing me once in a while. Doctor recommended CT Scan, have you gotten one? I know they are expensive. Did all the Flonase, Netty Pot, saline sprays, but the eye pressure still stays with me. Pain in the arse. Let me know if you found a solution!