My husband has a huge problem with sleeping for last three weeks. He doesn’t want to take any medication. He would like to try to treat it on some alternative way. We heard that Black cohosh can be helpful for this kind of problem. Do you know does Black cohosh help insomnia?

Yes. Black Cohosh Root can be very effective cure for insomnia. I read that in nineteenth-century Black Cohosh was used for problems such as fever, menstrual cramps, arthritis and insomnia. It’s well known as safe sedative to relieve nervousness and anxiety. I tried it when I had sleeping problems and I’m sure that it helped me.

I just started taking it off and on a little over a week ago. It makes me slee... zzzzzzzzz...

I think it does cause sleepiness. I took 500mg last night and again this morning and I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm going to only take it at night for awhile and see how I do. I'm taking it for PMS, painful periods, and night sweats. I haven't been taking it long enough to know if it helps with those issues but it is definitely making me sleepy.