Hi, folks. I have been lately experiencing some sleeping problems. I turn around in the bed. This goes on my nerves and I usually fall asleep at 5 a.m. and I must get up at 7 a.m. in the morning because I work. Can you recommend me any herbs for insomnia? I would appreciate if you could tell me something more.

Hello. Insomnia is not as rare as you may think. It is considered that about 30% of Americans suffers from this disorder. I am more for a lifestyle change than for taking herbs. Maybe you should increase your physical activities. It is good for sleeping. There are many causes and you should try to discover yours. There are some herbs that can help you. Chamomile is known by its sedative effect. You can also try with lavender which has a strong tonic effect on the central nervous system. Passion flower, valerian, wild lettuce, California poppy and others can also be used for making baths or teas. Consult an expert before taking any of these herbs.

Thy melatonin, in the supplement isle at the drug store.

Normison (temazepam) is a benzodiazepine type medicine which is commonly prescribed for insomnia and other sleep disorders. You can try it but consult with your doctor before use it.