I was watching some really good show a couple of days ago.

It was all about insomnia, it was a live show and people were talking about their insomnia issues. Also, a people from the audience were asking the questions and it was really good. I was interested in this because my daughter (she is 19 years old) is having problems with insomnia and we really don't know what to do. She lives in the dorm because she is at the Collage. 

I have heard one of those doctors, who were there, saying that "sleep hygiene" can help you in treatment.

What is this? What he was thinking when he was saying this? How can sleep hygiene help in chronic insomnia treatment?

Tnx a lot. 

It actually means that you need to develop good sleeping habits. I don't understand why you people don't think before you say something like that.

Sleep hygiene means that this is a variety of different practices and habits that are necessary to have good nighttime sleep quality and full daytime alertness. If this means that you need to have clean sheets, be my guest, but that is not exactly like this.

Natural sleep aids are numerous, all you need to do is to think about them.

You need to find the best way to improve your sleeping habits in your own bedroom and you will treat insomnia for sure. 

I have heard about this as well,but frankly I don't have a nidea what this could be?

I mean, what sleep hygiene can actually mean?

The first thing that is on my mind is that you need to have clean sheets, cleaned room, etc to have a better sleep?

Is that means that chaos in your room will affect your sleep or?

I need to admit that this is a bit funny to hear, but on the other hand it is really interesting so I really would like to know more about this, in case that I meet this issue...Again!

I totally agree with Guest on this one. You really need to know that one of the most important sleep hygiene practices is to spend an appropriate amount of time asleep in bed. When it comes to sleep, it actually needs vary across ages and are especially impacted by lifestyle and health. There are so many recommendations that can help you at this. For example, limit your nap during the day up to 30 minutes. If you sleep more than 30 minutes, it can cause a huge changes in your life. Also, try to exercise as much as you can in order to promote better sleep. Avoid some stimulants like coffee and energetic drinks as well. Eat clear food for your dinner. Those all are the advice that can help you. Use them. Gl

First, to understand sleep hygiene, you need to learn what are the signs of poor sleeping hygiene. It is not that hard. It is not hard at all. Generally, frequent sleep disturbances and daytime sleepiness are the most obviously signs  of poor sleep hygiene.That mean that, if you're taking too long to fall asleep, you should consider evaluating your sleep routine and revising your bedtime habits. If you can't sleep when you are in your bed after the midnight, change this time and go to your bed earlier. Maybe you are not aware of this, but just a few simple changes can make the difference between a good night’s sleep and night scan make some things correct. 

A lot of people take this term wrong. Sleep hygiene doesn't mean that you need to be clean in your sleep. Maybe this won't help your daughter. Maybe she really needs to talk to someone who is an expert in this are and maybe she needs to be alone at her room in the dorm. Maybe this is the main thing that bothers her. Also, you can't say that this is just because she is in the dorm. Maybe she is dealing with some new and unknown things at College and she doesn't want to talk about this. Every College in this world has an expert, a doctor who she can talk to. Go to visit her and you should go together to see an expert. That is my only advice.

Hello. I also had this issue. In the end, I needed to go to the doctor who prescribed some Cognitive-behavioral therapy for me. At the beginning, I was really against this, but that I realized that this can actually increase my adherence to behavioral changes, even with sleep hygiene, and all medication schedules. There are so many factors that can affect a good sleep. You can't tell which one is affecting your daughter, because it seems to me that you haven't even tried to find the cause. It is not enough to sit in front of the television thinking that watching some good shows can help you find the solution. Forget about this. Good sleeping habits are not so easy to acquire.