My infertility doctor recommend me to take clomid. I was advised by my doctor to take it on the third day of my cycle. The first day of my cycle started on 12/06/06. I started taking clomid on 12/06/06 as advised. On 12/15/06, I tried testing to see if I'm ovulating. I never tested positive and today (12/21/06), I'm on my menstrual cycle again. I was wondering, does clomid cause abnormal menstrual cycle? I'm so confused.

My experience was exactly the opposite, my cycle took thirty days as opposed to a steady twenty-four. Good luck on your hunt for answers in a comletely frustrating process!

I had a similar situation. I took my 2nd dosage of Clomid mid December and my period started 8 days early (normally 27 days). My period began on December 31 and this month I just had my next period today January 13, about 2 weeks early. I have been searching the internet to see if this is usual.

I just took my second dose of Clomid and got my period on day 21, before I was even made it to the blood work to see if I ovulated! Looking for answers?

hey have took clomid from the 3 day of my period and till the pills were gone but i satrted my period on 4-14-10 and today is 5-6-10 and im still on my period im trying to find answers but im confused :-( ;-)

Exact same scenario happened to me too. I was excited on day 20 b/c I thought it was implantation blood, but then day 21...it gushes out like a normal period. My doctor's office still took my blood sample, but I wasn't able to see my doctor b/c she was busy w/ other patients...still waiting on their response on what to do next...let me know what your situation were like.

I have had three cycles with clomid. I went from a steady 28 day cycle to 30 days the past two cycles. I am waiting to see results of the third cycle yet . I am on day 28 today. I tested for pregnancy yesterday, came out negative. I may have tested for pregnancy too early. It is hard to know when you can test as the periods are not regular anymore. The test kit suggest upto five days before the next period is due. I am not sure what to think or do other than wait. It is an emotional roller-coaster for me.

I had a normal 28 day cycle before taking Clomid, it jumped to 30 days at first I thought i was actually pregnant because there was very light spotting on the day I expected my period, but 2 days later my period came.  I tried again the following month and had period on the 30th day.  I decided to go for second opnion and doc ordered HSG to be done and we discovered my right fallopian tube was blocked.  I am angry that the first doc did not think to do tests before prescribing clomid to me. Now im left wondering if I should start taking Clomid again with only one tube working

Yes. I have a blocked tube also the right one. But your dr has to find out when you o from your left side. Im on my cycle round of clomid and im praying that its this cycle that we conceive. Good luck. Also make sure your seeing a fertility specialist.

I took one round of clomid, never ovulated based on 14 days of testing starting day 9. Then, my period came after 28 days as usual but only lasted for 3 days. I stopped taking clomid because my husband was traveling and my period returned after just 13 days. This medication messes around with hormones, which is never a good thing and thus shoud not be taken too long. The industry tries to make women believe it is pretty safe but I it has obviously changed my hormonal cycles despite that I am no longer taking this medication. Pretty scary.