My menstrual cycle used to be every 28 days no stop for years.. it was late for a few days a few months ago and now for the past 2-3 months it has been every 21 days...and its shorter and lighter. someone told me that she was pregnant for 6 months and didn't know..she had her menstrual and everything. is that possible? is it worth checking out?..I'm not under any stress and everything has mostly been the same..could it be one of those disorders of the female reproductive system?Is This normal??? can someone answer!!!

If I were you, I would get a prgnancy test to be on the safe side. My cycle used to come on every 21 days, and I had no problem with that. As a matter of a face, I think I liked it a little more. I wouldn't worry, just go to your doctor, or a local clinic to make sure everything is ok. :D

Normal menstruation can appear after every 21st day. There is no reason for you to be concerned. My period is there every 23rd day and I get used to this. I think that, if she were a pregnant, she would see some symptoms and some signs of the pregnancy. Anyway, why you just don't visit a doctor instead of being concerned? I am sure that he will do some tests and analyses which are going to help you see what is your problem exactly. I also believe that once you see your doctor, you will figure out that there is nothing wrong with you. GL

I'm 18 years old and my period has been going on for so long it is literaly killing me. first of all i would like to thank all of you especially the first person to post about this topic. i thought i was dying and i was the only woman in this world experiencing this. now i was on birth control pills about 2 years ago and i stopped taking them because i could no longer afford to pay for them. i just quit em. after that my period became so sparse and irregular i used to forget i had one. last july i had one that lasted 15 days and i didnt have another up until 3 weeks ago yesterday. like most of u it started out light but these past two days it's been unaturally heavy, even from when they at one point were regular. it's scaring me. the prospect of something being terribly wrong with me makes me not even want to go to the GYN. it doesnt really hurt that much, just the occasional cramps. i am so afraid and any words of advice would be welcome. i am stressed out from work and family issues but i think that thats irrelevant. help me ladies. please.

my boyfriend and i are trying to get pregnant. i've been calculating my period for about 4 months. well they day my period went off was also the day we began the process to get pregnant. from the first day to the fourteenth day after my period went off, we had intercourse about 9 times. i took a pregnancy test after 3wks and it read neg. the day before and the day of my next period, i took the same test n it still read neg. ive been having all other symptoms and today i see blood. my questions are could the test be rong? could i still be pregnant? why do i have some symptoms of being preg and i may not be? why am i not pregnant? we both are healthy and can make babies.

hello everyone
i was wondering if someone can help me please!!
im 20 years of ages!! and i get my period for 6days and i get my cycle every 21days..is this normal???
me and my partner have been trying to have a baby!! we do everything right!!
is something wrong with me.. or am i not eating right and stressing to much??
can someone please help me???

I also have a 21 day cycle and both times I conceived it was right after my period. I don't know if its the same for everyone with a 21 day cycle but my doctor claims I got pregnant sometime between the last day of my period and the following three days. So I would try having sex immediately following your period. Also a side note, I have been able to extend my cycle by eating edamame (soy) and yams. Supposedly these both support continued estrogen production which normally drops right before your cycle starts. Its worth a try to get a normal cycle.

My cycle is 21 days flat, I mean you can set a clock to my cycle. I am now going on the 25th day and not sure of I should try the pg test now, or at 28 days, which would be 7 days late. What is the likely of being pregnant compared with my cycle randomly changing like that.
I am 25 and am very healthy and in the normal weight range for my height. My husband and I already have two daughters. Thank you.

Hello All,

I am 25 yrs old and i used to have the mirena for about 18 months after my son was born. I had it removed in August 2010. I have been trying to get pregnant since but no luck : (..........I have been trying to track my cycles since my mirena (i didnt have a period at all with the mirena).....So i have figured out that my cycle is 21 or 22 days for the past 5 months!! And someone had asked if it was normal to have a 21 day cycle and bleed for 6 days, not sure it is normal but i have the same issue!! I dont think it is really a cause of concern!! I was suppose to start on 4/17/11 and i am 2 days late right now but am going to wait a lil bit to take a test!!! I hope everyone that is trying to conceive good luck and baby dust!!!

Hi gals. Don't worry... Menstrual cycles are considered 'normal' if they are between 21-40 days long. I used to have a21 day cycle for the first 10 years of memstruating. Then it went to a 28 day cycle. And now I'm older, it has just gone back to a 21 day cycle.

I've had the exact same cycle as u since I was 12 and I am now 36 so it happens. My doctor told me when I was a teenager it would be harder for me to get pregnant because I ovulate for much shorter periods because of my 21 day cycle

I have a 21 day cycle for years like clock work and my period is past due. I had my period May 1 and it should have come again this month and has not. Should I take a pregnancy test with it being one day left in the month ?

Hi..I can understand hw u feel. As I am facing the same problem.  u will feel better.i am undergoing medical treatment. Wish to help you.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi. Your menstrual irregularities are normal. Over the past year my cycles have "morphed" unexpectedly, as well...Some have been as short as a mere 17 days apart. It has something to do with the hormonal balance in the female anatomy. Try altering your diet (eating more healthy foods,) and the cycles may revert to as they were before (about 28 days apart.) I hope that helped. Good luck.

Hi, I am 32 years old. I am married for around 3.5 years and so we thought of planning for a baby around 4-5 months back. Due to the age, we thought of consulting a gynae. I met her on the 10th day of my MC. She told me to have folic acid tablets and couple of others. I took the medicines for around a week but then while searching over the internet, I found on a web page that one of the other tablets she suggested must be avoided if you are trying to conceive.So I stopped taking them. Later that month, I had my MC on a regular cycle of 25 days with normal flow.
But after that normal MC, I had my AF twice and both started on 21st day of cycle. Moreover, the flow is not normal like before and only lasts for 2-3 days max with dark red/Brown light spotting and then little bit of small clots on day 2 and day 3 again very light. I am very confused since I want to conceive ASAP but not succeeding.

Thanks for reading all through this.