:$ Hello everyone, my menstrual cycles are very, very abnormal.. i got my first period on halloween in grade 7. i know right.. and i couldnt even go trick or treating..because of the cramps.. :-P but anyways. im in grade 10 now. and ever since i could remember my periods would skip 1-3 months and if it does come it would last about 3 days or so. and little blood flow. now i haven't gotten my period since last summer. 2010. so its been about 9 months... o.O and im a virgin!! im not into sex before marriage. ill be 16 soon and ive been developing abnormal periods.. what is going on with me? oh and if it does come it would come like an hour and a half. omg yesterday it came and it lasted 2-3 minutes.. -_- are u serious. but i did notice the blood clot was like pitch black :S also, my breast get very sore every single month. actually it hasnt stopped and every month or so, i get like the "signs" before you get your period. but before the period can actually develop the discharge turns back to normal and i dont get my period. im going to get my blood tested and in 3 months time if i dont get my period my family doctor is sending me to a specialist. Any advice??

It's not completely unusual for someone your age to have irregular periods - sometimes it doesn't become regular until your twenties, but since you have been having troubles with it since the beginning, its more likely that there is something going on either with levels of your hormones (blood test will show that, it that is the case) or you might have polycystic ovaries - main signs of polycystic ovaries are irregular, painful periods with a lot of "PMS like" symptoms. Whichever turns out to be the case, its treatable so you wouldn't have to suffer from this anymore.

XD Thank you so much for all your help!! i appreciate it very much! i did some research on polycystic ovaries and i hope i dont have problems getting pregnant when i am married and settled in, because i think i might have an emotional break down. I am going to become a labor and delivery nurse someday because i love babies and birth, life and pregnancy so much. Thats why having a baby of my own and experiencing it would mean the world to me.
I also have another question.
If or when i do go to the specialist. they wont be sticking anything up my private part will they? because i dont want anything going up there before marriage. even though they say you actually have to have intercourse before losing your virginity. its just the way i feel, i dont know how to explain it..... anyway back to the topic... will they :S :-( ??
And again Nikols,
thank you so much, for helping me try to solve my problem :-D

You're welcome! :-) First to answer your question - no, they won't need to "stick anything u there", they don't do that when you are virgin and you don't want to. Anyways, they will do an ultrasound to check your ovaries, maybe blood tests to see levels of hormones and that is all that is necessary to either confirm or not that you have polycystic ovaries. But you have to see a specialist and get treated, if it's the polycystic ovaries that are causing this - better to solve the problem now, than to worry about what will happen when you want to have kids.

Thanks again,
I have two questions to ask you again. what causes low hormone levels? and my other question is how do the specialist treat polycystic ovaries?
oh i also have another question, i noticed you said the symptoms of polycystic ovaries are irregular painful periods. when i first got my period back in grade 7 the day before i had a sharp pain in my lower stomach where a cramp would usually develop. and then it went away, the next morning i got my period. and that period was horrible i had lower back pain and cramps. but now i have pms like symptoms but no cramps. no pain at all.. only once in a while if i do get my period, (last year) XD i would have sharp pain in my lower back. i know everyone has different symptoms when they are on there period. But my question is, if i do have polycystic ovaries would that be a symptom or does it sound like i have a different case.?
Thanks again! :-D XD

The exact cause of low hormone levels that lead to polycystic ovaries is unknown, usually the explanation is that it's hereditary. But the treatment for the condition is hormonal therapy - they probably will give you birth control pills which contain the same hormones your body should produce in order to regulate your menstrual cycle. And yes, all the PMS-like symptoms, even acne or excessive weight can be caused by polycystic ovaries. But, first you need a confirmation that this really is the cause for your problems.

Thanks again!! I really appreciate it! And I haven't gotten my blood work done yet. But when I do and the results come back in ill keep you posted ;-)
Thanks again! Take care! :-)