Hello, folks. I have been suffering from psoriasis for several months. However, lately I have been experiencing pain in the lumbar back. I would like to know if these two conditions are related to each other. I would really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Hi, there. You should go to your dermatologist and rheumatologist as well. I am not absolutely sure, but I guess you have psoriatic arthritis. It is inflammatory disease which affects joints of people that already suffers from psoriasis. Immune system turns against its own molecules. The exact cause is unknown. Scientists think that both genetic and environmental factors are responsible. Usually, first psoriasis appears and joint symptoms later. I hope this helps. You should discuss he details with your doctor. Good luck!