Hello, guys. A cousin of mine has been recently diagnosed psoriatic arthritis. This is totally new disease for me and I would like to find out something more. I would be happy if someone could tell me how often this disease is. I would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance.

Hello, there. Psoriatic arthritis is an inflammatory condition of joints with people who already have psoriasis. Usually, psoriasis first appears and arthritis comes later. It is estimated that about 10 to 15 percent of people with psoriasis will develop psoriatic arthritis. In USA, from 6 million people that suffer from psoriasis, there are about million people with psoriatic arthritis. I don’t know whether this helps. There are many definitions of this disease, so it is hard to see who has it exactly. Therefore, the number of patients may vary. I hope you’ll find some exact data. Bye!