I’m 33 years old and would like to hear some general info about psoriatic arthritis. The fact is my mother had it and I wonder now what the psoriatic arthritis symptoms are and what causes it. And still how it may be treated and is psoriatic arthritis skin condition psoriasis related for I occasionally suffer from psoriasis. Thanks

You must be wondering what are your chances to get psoriatic arthritis one day for your mum had it so there’re some studies that show the psoriatic arthritis is partially inherited but also your environment is important. I also have psoriatic arthritis and I can tell you it is related to skin psoriasis. And about what causes it its still unknown but I can tell you how you may recognize the symptoms. Persons with psoriatic arthritis usually have the nails leisure, they feel pain and swelling in their joints that looks sausage alike mostly followed by swelling of the fingers. Also some grey or whitish spots may occur in the elbows, scalp, and knees and even on the lower part of the spine. If you want to check out whether you have psoriatic arthritis you may run blood test and joint fluid tests. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis by X-rays. And as for the psoriatic arthritis treatment there’re variable options involving skin care, light treatment, exercise, corrective cosmetics, rest, splints or surgery.