Does enlarged thyroid always mean something bad? I have sensed that my thyroid is a bit bigger then usual. I do not have any symptoms and I have not felt any changes, at least not the ones visible. Should I be worried or not? Will the gland return to its normal size?

It most probably will. The fact that you do not feel any changes is a very good thing. Usually, with enlarged thyroid gland comes along a large variety of signs and symptoms, which are both visible and sensible. So, you have nothing to worry about. If you still need some assurance, maybe a consultation with the doctor would do good.

You have a niodine deffeincy, possibly a goiter. see your doctor.

Hi there,
Goiter is the name which doctors use when you have enlarged thyroid gland. In most cases this means that you have some underlying condition that is causing your thyroid to get enlarged. The fact is that you need to be evaluated to know what is the right cause of the enlargement of your thyroid. There is also a chance that you might have a cancer. You have to understand that you can’t ignore the enlargement of your thyroid and you will need to see a doctor as soon as you can. As sooner you have the right diagnosis the faster you can start the treatment. How long have you been experiencing this condition?
All the best,
Danella