I am a 28 year old female, in extreme pain, and very scared. On Christmas I was told @ an ER that I have a Thyroid nodule, and an ovarian cyst. I haven't had my period now for a little over 2 months. I've had extreme fatigue, where I can't even get out of bed, and for the past 3 weeks I've also developed sever joint pain throughout my entire body, including in my fingers.... I also have had insomnia since the joint pain has started and I don't know what to do... I don't understand what is going on with me, and my doctor doesn't seem to know either... He wants me to get a repeat ultrasound of my Thyroid, and I don't know what he's gonna do after that. He has me taking Percocet 10/325 mg 4 times daily, which is only taking the edge off the pain, and Ambien 10mg so I can sleep, but I still can't sleep with this pain. I still have no idea why I haven't had my period, I'm not pregnant for sure, an pelvic ultrasound was done on Christmas also, and that was when they found the left ovarian cyst. Any ideas what it is or what can be done? Should I ask my doctor to have any test in particular done on me? What do you think???? Please help ASAP.... I don't know how much more of this pain and lack of sleep I can take..... Any ideas will be very appreciated. Thank you!

Oh honey you poor thing, your whole body is screaming IODINE DEFICIENCY. Every symptom you are experiencing is caused by deficiency. You want your life back? Want to get healthy and feel normal again? Do what I did, my mom did and my husband did.

Start supplementing with iodine, it is sooo important for your health. You need 12.5mg per day at least... you also need some other supplements all the info is actually listed in one nice spot at theiodineproject.com

My family are each members of the site and have our stories posted up there to read as well.
I'm Nichole so you can contact me through there since I cant give an email address here.

Whatever you do, dont get your thyroid removed and dont take the RAI pill, you will regret it for the rest of your life. Please check out the site and start being proactive about your health.

can someone help me , i had the whole tyroid removed and was in hospital for 4 weeks as i went into tetany and stopped breathing......i was taken to intensive care and given calcium etc:
Since coming home i feel very bloated i keep getting really bad cramp and i mean its really bad and now i have conjuctivitus i feel like i can't get up i don't feel well at all, i'm also having really bad headaches and i am taking levothyroxine 100 micro grams and calcuim tablets ............does anyone know whats wrong or can they help

I have had hypothyroidism since I was 15 years old, I am now 24. My medication has stayed at 25mcg for all these years and my family doctor has never sent me to a specialist (assuming bc the blood work always comes back the same). I recently asked for a referral to see a specialist after my aunt had some thyroid issues. At my visit, the doc informed me that I have an enlarged thyroid (goiter) and a nodule on the right side of the gland. I am going back in 3 weeks for an ultrasound and possible biopsy. My mind is going in 100 different places right now, I am really scared and unsure of what is going to happen. I feel fine and have not had any issues with my period, neck, or any of the other thyroid concerns. If you have any wisdom to pass along, please do so...

Hello. I'm a 30 year old female that is facing the exact same problems you are or were facing in this post. I saw your post and was just wondering if you ever figured out your problem. I've been to five doctors the past 7 months and no one has been able to figure out what is going on. It's very stressful, especially when I haven't had a good nights sleep in 7 months. Any information you could provide would be very helpful, so maybe I can learn what is wrong with me with your help. Thank you and have a great day!

I also have thyroid nodules and a goiter and an ovarian cyst and joint pain. Pain is not as bad as yours though. An 800 mg ibuprofen works for the pain. I have blood tests and ultrasounds of my thyroid done every 6 months and I keep getting more nodules. I have had two biopsies done and the goiter is not cancerous.

Getting thyroid a removed is the best thing, you won't be troubled saga in.

Hi, I'm wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this? I have the same exact situation! I'm 46.