Hi, I have symptoms indicating that I may have thyroid cancer, and thyroid biopsy needs to be done. How does this procedure looks like?

The thyroid biopsy is a procedure done to take a sample of thyroid tissue for laboratory examination. A needle or a surgical incision is used to withdrawn a sample of thyroid tissue. When a lump or a nodule is detected in the thyroid, and checking is needed, the most secure methode is biopsy. In case of enlargement of thyroid gland and there is no apparent reason. Performing this test doesn’t instantly mean suspicion of an cancer. The test will relieve whether the changes in thyroid gland are non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant). It has become routine procedure for doctors and has you shouldn’t be afraid of it.

all they do is have you lie down put you to sleep and they take a needle and they just poke you a couple times and then you wake up and it's done i just had it done a month ago and i'm fine don't worry at all!!

I had this precedure done. I was scared to death when they told me what had to be done but believe me when I say it is not as bad as it sounds.
I was awake during this and even helped with the biopsy.
The doctor took a small tool and numbed certain places on my neck, then injected a needle ( I had a total of 12) into places on my neck. Next I held a cotton swab tightly after each biopsy to keep the swelling down.
The next day I was uncomfortable but Tylenol took care of that.
The best of all was finding out I did not have any cancer! and I could do the radioactive iodine treatment to kill off some off my overactive thyroid.

sorry but mine sounds less paintful all they did is 6 places for mine and they put me to sleep and before i knew it they were done they put a band aid over my throat and that was it by the next day i was great my neck wasn't sore i'm only 12 and i've had blood drawn about 20 times and i'm fine so take it from me this is soooooo not something to worry about you only have to worry about what flavored ice cream your going to scarf down!:]