Hello, folks. I have a thyroid lump. I must admit that lately I have noticed it is getting bigger. I must admit that I don't feel comfortable with this. I would appreciate if you could tell me something more about this. All your advices are more than welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Hello. You must go to your endocrinologist. He will make some extra examinations. Ultrasound is a must! However, fine needle aspiration biopsy is another popular form. This procedure is performed with thin needle. This needle aspirates a small amount of tissue from your thyroid lump. After that, it is sent to pathology and observed by microscope. This is an excellent method to differ benign from malignant changes. I hope I've helped.

Hi there,
The interesting thing is that most thyroid lumps don’t have any symptoms that you can notice. Only thing that you can notice is when the lump interferes with production of thyroid hormone. Then you will be able to see some adverse reactions in your body. You have to understand the fact that these lumps on your thyroid might even be cancerous, but this has to be confirmed by the doctor first. The thing is that nobody really knows what causes thyroid lumps in the first place so it is hard to prevent them. The good thing is that there are a several treatment options available. How long have you been having thyroid lump?
All the best,
Danella