I am 43 years old woman and I have two kids. Few days ago I noticed some small growth on my neck that appears to be growing. I was so scared and did not know what to do. I am scared that this is something really serious. Can someone tell me what this could be? Is it goiter?

You need to realize that you have to go to your doctor. He will be able to diagnose you and tell you if you have a thyroid nodule, a thyroid lump or an enlargement of the thyroid known as goiter. I can not diagnose you and tell you what your condition is. This is not something you can ignore. Thyroid nodules are very common and they are a swelling or lump, they can be a solid or liquid filled cyst or mass. Most are benign, but they can also be cancerous. However, the percentage of cancerous is low. Symptoms of a nodule vary. Some people have hyperthyroidism symptoms and others have hypothyroidism symptoms. Hyperthyroidism symptoms include palpitations, insomnia, weight loss, anxiety, and tremors and hypothyroidism include weight gain, fatigue, and depression. Some people experience both, hyperthyroid and hypothyroid symptoms. As soon as you go to your doctor you will know what is causing your symptoms.