Hello. I'm 42 year old male and I would like to hear more about the condition I have developed. About two months ago I have noticed some changes in my urinating habits. All suddenly, I started to urinate very often during the day with no apparent reason. It seamed like everything I drink- immediately goes to my kidneys. I have contacted my doctor over this and, after some tests; he determined that my kidneys are just fine, and sent me to endocrinologist.
He determined that I have enlarged pituitary gland and that he still couldn’t be sure is it tumor or what, at least not until the CT! Please, does anybody know anything about this?

Hello. I'm medical student and I know some facts about important role of pituitary gland in out organism.
The pituitary is a small, pea-sized gland located at the base of the brain but it is the most important endocrine gland in human body because it sends signals to the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, ovaries and testicles. You have probably developed enlargement of the posterior lobe of the gland that normally produces antidiuretic hormone that increases reabsorption of water into the blood by the kidneys. There are many things that can cause enlargement and malfunction of this gland and some of them are tumors benign in most cases, inflammation, infections and injury.