Hi guys, as a teen of course I use headphones and earphones but the question is can I damage my ear even if I listen to music as low as 2% out of 100% in my computer, and 1 out of 15 in my Samsung Galaxy S3... it's not gonna hurt no matter how long I listen is it? I was amazed to know that my friends listen to music at over 60% of the full volume!! WTF!!! that's 30 times louder than what I use to listen and even they're out of hearing trouble, I'm far from it, right??? Right??? *sry, pls mind my filthy language, I'm not that rude!

Hey, the main point is that I will never damage my ears, right? Yes or No??? Can I reduce my hearing even I listen to very very soft music no matter how long I listen, right?

Listening at a high volume for a long time is what hurts. Engineers can give you all sorts of numbers in db and such which is meaningless to you unless you a way to measure the level out of your earphones and/or calibrate them. So it's really up to you to use your own judgement about loudness. I think anything less than 50% should be OK but from using my own computer to play internet stuff, the level they supply varies a lot. Some videos I have to turn the volume all the way up to even hear it and the next one would blow my head off at the same level.

One rule I have heard is if someone else can hear what you are listening to, it's too loud.

Sorry I couldn't reply to your private message but when I hit reply there was no place to type a message.