the sound of television kettle etc sound horrible in my one ear when i picked up the phone i could hear in one ear fine the other is like someone on hellium high pitched when i try to pop ears the one is ok the other sounds fluffy

cencern the doctor... it is really bad and for somedays avoide hearing high pitch songs and voice...

Hi Nishasharma

It's sounds (no pun intended) to me like 'Tinnitus'  This can appear for many reasons usually it's because you either have an ear infection or you have been exposed to a loud noise or persistent loud noise - such as attending a concert or having you ipod too loud.  This causes damage to your ear drum and many variations of sounds ca be heard.  The most common being the high pitched whistle, electrical buzzing, you may hear what sounds like someone walking in the snow which is usually your pulse,  some people hear it a humming clicking or chirping like crickets there is really a whole list of various sounds people can hear with tinnitus.  Sometimes only effecting one ear, or one ear has one sound the other a totally different sound of intensity of the noise.  Hopefully if you have started hearing this due to some loud noise or temporary ear infection it will pass in a few days at most, there are other reasons tinnitus can start and for some people it is a permanent thing you just have to learn to live with. 

Popping your ears wont get rid of it.  If it is bothering you badly whilst you wait to see if it passes, try listening to an mp3 player, just loud enough to cover the humming you hear as you dont want to make it worse.  Try not to listen for too long, just long enough to get your sanity back.  When you do take the music away it may seem louder than before, I don't think it actually is, I think it's just because you've managed to forget about the  noise for a while.  Trying to distract yourself is another method, get really involved in a task or watching a TV show and you will forget about it for a time, I have it myself and when I first had it I used to find peace in driving down the road to a site where road works were underway, parking near the jack hammer - sounds insane I know but it drowned out the noise that was sending me cuckoo. Believe me there have been days where I want to stick a biro in both ears pop my ear drums and never hear another thing as it drives me demented.  Unfortunately even if I went over the edge and did this it wouldn't solve the problem as tinnitus is not an external sound and so it would still relentlessly drone on.  I hope this is not the case for you.  If you want to talk about it more I'm happy to do so, but with any luck as above it should pass in a few days at most.

I hope this has helped you<3