Most often I run without any music. But still I find when Im listening to music, I tend to run faster and or longer. Although it also depends on the type of music....

Shrug, I was curious about the rest of you.

When I was new at running I always ran with a walkman. But now I never do. After a while, I just started kind of zoning out while running and enjoy simply being in touch with how I'm feeling durign the run and concentrating on teh run itself.

I guess by that definition I'm a running purist. I don't have a small mp3 player though. If I did, I might run with it on my long runs. I tend to get bored on the really long runs.

I probably couldn't run with music. It's the only time when I get to escape and get some peace and quiet.

Running early in the morning (or late evening) when it's clear, starry and silent is truely one of the most peaceful things one can do, IMHO.

Indoors... music
Outdoors... nada

Indoors... music Outdoors... nada
That's how I do the bicycle. On the trainer - In front of the TV or stereo. Outdoors is just zipping along enjoying the scenery.

Indoors... music Outdoors... nada
:1: Same here. When it's outdoors, it's taking in the scenery, other runners, etc. Also giving some thought to my stratergy (if I'm in a race), and I can just get plenty of music going through my head as need be.

Indoors - I've always got something to keep me occupied, either a movie of the radio.

Outside - Running - just depends on the mood. Somedays it's an MP3 player and some days it's just me and the road. On the bike - nothing - ever.

I have to have music! Otherwise the treadmill gets to be very boring. I like to watch baseball during my long runs when it's baseball season.

When I ran, I ran with my mp3 player, save for races and group runs.

It depends on the length of my run. If it is up to 10 miles and I am solo I might wear one. Beyond that I don't wear one since I find the arm bend rubs the skin under my arm raw.

never outdoors....indoors....heck yes....sometimes I have the music and tv going at once.......I'm thinking I could rig up an overheard projector and maybe read a book too. I've got a tv tray next to my 'mill right now for gatorade and water.....hmmmmm maybe a little popcorn. Maybe install an intercom system in my basement and I can yell to the kids to bring me some soda or beer.....hmmmmmm there's a computer down there....internet access and I'm set. I can give everyone 5 minute updates "I'm approaching the 3.5 mile mark and little bead of sweat developing and I've burn about 300 calories..." I may never leave my basement again

Beer on a run?

I run outdoors and yes, I'm a purist..I usually pick scenic routes especially for my long runs so I don't get bored

no music. I like to know what is going around all of the time. My hearing is probably the best of all my senses. Plus I listen to people all of the time, running is my alone time.