Hi everyone,

I recently met a person who is suffering from a type of anxiety and depression called holiday anxiety and depression. It is the first time that I ever heard about these types of anxiety and depression which occur almost only during holidays. 

Since I don't know much about this and I really want to help this person because she is very kind and she really deserves it, I hoped that I might get some answers and some advice here. I would like to know more about this, but the main thing that I want to know is how to deal with this.

Yes, it is a rare type of anxiety and depression, there aren't many chances to hear about this during your entire life.

I don't know how to deal with it exactly. I believe that family and friends need to be of great support when they know that someone is suffering from this kind of depression. Holidays are really hard for people with holiday anxiety and depression and I think that the families of these people need to be around them and provide them with all the love they have. I think this should do it, but I have to admit that I am not completely sure, you never know how the person might react.

No Little Mermaid, this doesn't work with holiday anxiety and depression. They would all just make the person even more anxious because they don't know how to behave exactly around the person suffering from this kind of depression.

It is this very person who needs to change. Probably change the way it prepared holidays before, change the way he or she thought about them and stuff like that. It is all up to this person. This person can talk to a psychologist in order to understand what is happening to him or her and get some instructions on how to work on this.

I don't know Deni, she doesn't really know what to do about this. She has strict ways of preparing her holidays and all of this makes her very stressful.

I did recommend her to talk to a psychologist, that is the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that someone is suffering from anxiety and depression, but she didn't want to even hear about it. She told me that she is fine and she doesn't need someone who is going to tell her what is wrong with her because she is just fine, so I don't really know what to do here.

I know some people who are dealing with holiday anxiety and depression. That is classical travel anxiety and it is much easier to handle this type of depression than any other.

Well, I think that people who love to travel need to repeat that sentence every day. They need to convince themselves one more time that they love to travel and that they will travel.

Despite this disorder, my friend decided to travel a lot, even if her parents and her family were against it. And guess what, she reduced her panic attacks while she is on holidays. So, it works, at least for someone. 

Thanks God that I am not the only one with this problem! When I was diagnosed with it, my doctor told me that this is very rare kind of depression and that I should know that. It was hard for me to tell anyone, because people were looking to me like I am crazy. I have a couple of ways how I am dealing with it. For example, eat healthy. That is maybe funny for you, but it is effective. Try to stay positive and don't get angry for small things. Also, exercises are very important as well. And one more thing - I really loved to go to the parties during the holidays, and how I don't do this anymore. I know that after every party I was depressed and I could not go anywhere next day. So, don't party :)

Good day. 

My friend and I had a deal to travel in Dubai. Of course, the only solution to get there was a plane. She never mentioned me that she is having anxiety during her holidays. Well, the problem was also because she has those anxiety attacks even she thinks about traveling somewhere. 

And you know when I found out about this? When we get to the plane. She started to scream and she wanted to go out. Of course, I went out with her and we never went to Dubai. She admitted me that she has this disorder. Now, she is seeing physiatrist and she is much better now. 

Hey there.Yes, this can be rare type of anxiety but I know a lot of people who were dealing with it. Me, for example. When my doctor told me that I have axniety, I told him that this is not possible because I am feeling fine - for everything. Than, he explained to me what kind of axniety he thinks about. So, I accepted this and he gave me some tips about this as well. He told me that I should never expect miracles when I go to holidays, like I did before. It works. I didn't have this feeling when I am about to leave to some other country, but I did have this feeling when I needed to go home for the Christmas. Maybe some old memories were the main cause of this anxiety and depression. But I am ok now.