Hi. I have always thought that dyslexia is a problem when you can`t perceive words backwards or upside down. Until my child was diagnosed with developmental dyslexia. He has a spelling, and also a math problem (he was first diagnosed with dyscalculia). But, the main problem is the development of his reading and writing skils. I`m nost sure that his diagnosis is correct. His IQ is normal.

Hi. Developmental dyslexia is a learning disability, a brain condition which causes difficulties with reading and writing, in spite of normal development of intelligence abilities. It is present from the birth. When you have a reading or writing problems that cannot be explained by a lack of intellectual ability, you will probably be diagnosed with dyslexia. Some experts say that dyslexia stems from a deficit in phonological awareness. Anyway, his condition can be compensated for with the proper treatment (including therapy, training and equipment).