Hello! My brother has a son with dyslexia. He was diagnosed this disorder few months ago and my brother still didn’t do anything about his treatment. When I try to talk to him about it he says that his son is going to play football and he doesn’t need to read well for that. I am really angry. What happend if dyslexia is untreated?

Hello! If left untreated dyslexia may cause many other problems. It can lead to low self-esteem, delinquency, aggression, and withdrawal or alienation from friends and parents. So, it is not just the problem of reading but is can affects overall child’s health. Severity of the dyslexia determines the level to which these problems may develop. If the conversation with your brother is impossible contact the child’s teacher. He will help him.

Hello there,

It is absolutely unbelievable how people can be unreasonable. I don’t want to judge anyone but it seems that your brother doesn’t want to admit that his son is having problems and that probably he will not be able to play professional football.

First try to talk to his mother. She is mother after all and if she doesn’t care about her child’s health than you will have no other choice but to contact child’s protection service. This is very huge step and your brother will probably be very angry at you but somehow I don’t see which other choice you have.

I hope that your brother will come to his senses and that your nephew is going to be fine. Good luck. 

geoffrey wrote:

Hello there,

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

this is a video with a list famous people who are DYLEXIC. Take a look you will be shock, my son is Dylexic, very intelliegent, very proud to be Dylexic.