Hello! My son has difficulties with reading. He reads very slowly and often makes mistakes. I think his vision is normal. I also noticed other children are teasing him and he started to be very aggressive. He used to be very happy child but his behavior changed a lot since he started with school. My sister told me he may have dyslexia but I am not sure what it is. What are main characteristics of dyslexia?

Hello! Dyslexia may occur in children with normal vision and normal intelligence. The main characteristics of dyslexia are inability to recognize words and letters and difficulty to interpret spoken language and writing. If a reading ability level is below the expected level for the age of your child you should visit school psychologist. He will then perform needed tests and in cooperation with other experts try to evaluate your child’s condition.

AT WHAT AGE SHOUS I KNOW WETHER MY CHIL HAS DYSLEXIA? DO YOU THINK A TEACHER COULD DECIDE THAT A SECOND GRADE CHILD HAS DYSLEXIA OR MAYBE COULD BE LASSYNESS FROM THE TEACHER THAT DOESN'T WANT TO BOTHER TO TEACH??