Hello. I'm 25 year old female and just recently I have noticed some strange things about my husband.
In the middle of the nigh, while we are both sleeping, his leg or his arm starts to move involuntary and very quickly.
Although I have never noticed this before I didn’t think this could be something dangerous. I though it could be caused by some nightmares or something… But what frightened me the most is the fact that he told me he is usually awake when this happens.
Supposedly this is called dystonia and he doesn’t think it could be anything serious but some trivial muscle problem. Was he true?

Hi. Although I really don’t know a lot about this condition I know that much to tell you that it isn’t so harmless condition. Your husband is right- it is called dystonia and it has neurological nature.
By its definition- dystonia is a neurological movement disorder characterized by sustained muscle contractions with twisting and repetitive movements.
I really don’t know what is the exact cause of these movements but I know that it has nothing to do with muscles as your husband thinks but rather with nerves. I suggest him to visit his neurologist soon because it could be also considered as some of the first signs of Parkinson’s disease.