Hi, I have a 6 years old boy and he`s been rocking on his wooden horse since he was only 3 years old. He`s not autistic. He was diagnosed with ADHD. He is on a stimulant now. Those repetitive movements of his gave him quite a headache and it drives me crazy but don`t know what to do. Anybody with the same experience?

Hi. Repetitive or ritualistic movements sound more like autistic behaviour or anxiety disorder. My wife, who is now 32 years old, still needs to sit in a rocking chair because she must rock, it makes her calm. But she has no signs of ADD/ADHD. I know repetitive movements, such as rocking and bucking, can be a symptom of those “diseases”. Repetitive movements don`t have to be caused by ADD. It`s not a disease, anyway. ADD people just learn differently. And, about those headaches, when you rock, the muscles in the back of your neck will get sore and can give you some bad headaches.