I'm 22 years old and I could say for my self that I have always been high maintenance child for my mother, and has never slept well.
My mother thought it was some normal puberty period acting and she didn’t pay too much attention on it, but now, I have some very strange symptoms and I couldn’t believe this was happening to me.
After I fall asleep, my muscle twitches all over my body-fingers, arms, legs...
Beside this sleep twitching I will also wake up at the slightest noise and I talk in my sleep.
We do not know what is causing such symptoms but my mother heard that it could be some condition celled Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD). Suggestions please

I can help you providing informations about Periodic Limb Movement Disorder because my son is diagnosed with it, few years ago.
It is a kind of disease where body is suffering from involuntary muscle spasms or twitching.
Periodic limb movement disorder affects people only during sleep.
It can give mild symptoms like shallow, continual movement of the ankle or toes and some stronger symptoms like wild and strenuous kicking and flailing of the legs and arms and abdominal muscles spasm.
You should tell your mother to stand above you when you are in the sleep and to count the movements because to diagnose this disease you need to have three periods during the night, lasting from a few minutes to an hour or more, each containing at least 30 movements.
This condition can be treated medicamentous with several medications like benzodiazepines, Clonazepam and sometimes narcotics, such as codeine, oxycodone and methadone.
Wish you luck!

Before you go down the path of taking drugs which you have no idea the contents and neither does your doctor - I suggest that you pay a visit you look into the work of Tom Bowen's work and locate an expert in your area.

My daughter had what was labelled "restless leg syndrome" and through one treatment she has no re occuring symptons.

good luck

I have bean having twitches onlyin my left foot but it moastly happens when i lay down the thing i feer about it is it could be diabetes but my mom says its nothin but im still worried

My husband has these twitches after he sleeps and one night I had finally had it and was so scared for him I woke him up and made him take 3mg of Melatonin. Within 30 mins he was asleep again and NO twitches. But since everyone is different, this worked for my husband, but may not work for others.