Hi. I'm 22 years old and recently I was diagnosed with some condition called endometriosis and it has affected only my one ovary and one fallopian tube.
This was determined by my gynecologist on one regular check up. He said that no surgery is needed for now.
I'm still young and I'm not planning to have any kids soon but I would like to know- can this endometriosis cause infertility.
If it can what should I do to avoid this, because, definitely, some day I would like to have some kids. Anyone has more information about this? Feel free to write me about it!

Hi. I totally understand why you are worried about this and I will share some details about it with you. Endometriosis is condition where the tissue that lines her uterus, called the endometrium, grows outside of the uterus.
It could be on fallopian tube and it could be anywhere in pelvis or abdomen. I'm very sorry to say but there is no cure for endometriosis and it can be hard for a health care provider to figure out if a woman has it. Of course, it is major cause of infertility at women.
Like I said, it can't be cured but it can be treated. For some women with mild symptoms, no further treatment other than some pain killers may be needed but in some more difficult cases it could be treated with some hormone based medications.

I am 26 and I have endometriosis and interstitial cystitis. I have had these issues since I was a teen. I have had my left ovary removed, surgeries for both problems, cervical and uterin problems. I gave birth to my son last May. I was told I had very little chance to ever have a healthy baby....so much they know!