I had an ectopic pregnancy about 6 months ago, and they took my right tube but left my right ovary and left ovary and tube. We havnt been able to get pregnant. My periods are pretty normal, they go about every 24-28 days, and i can feel when i ovulate(symptoms of period). What can we do? PLEEEEEEEZE help me anyone.........We really want a family!!!

Hi, I just answerd a similar post to this. My sister had an ectopic and had one tube removed. Her OB/GYN said the tube actually "swings" between ovaries so its not always on the same side each month.

I had an Ectopic last year which resulted in a tubal removal and naovary was also removed. Thankfully I have my right tube and ovary left. I had an HSG test done which reaveled no blockage in the tube I have left. I got the green light to begin trying again. So you might want to have the HSG test dont to make sure the tube you have left is not blocked. :-)

If you have only one tube, your chances are good every other month. The ovaries take turns ovulating each month. so you can get pregnant from the ovary that has the tube.

This is completely incorrect. I do not believe the doctor stated this, but that this sister misunderstood the doctor. If the doctor DID state this, he needs to have his license revoked. The tubes do not "swing" from side to side. The ovaries, uterus and tubes are stationed where they are, permenantly. What does occur is that the ovaries "take a turn" every month. one month the left will ovulate, the next month the right will ovulate. What this means is that even though your sister has one tube, her chances of getting pregnant are good every other month.

Anonymous wrote:

soccer_chick wrote:

No I'm afraid it is you that is wrong. You are looking at the ovaries and uterine tubes in purely 2d effect focusing on mechanical processes, this is not the case, apart from the hormonal and chemical processes that take place, the uterine tubes in particular do move around and will commonly take an egg from the opposite side. This can be witnessed during surgery. As with any organ people tend to look at 2d pictures and assume this is how they are placed in the body ie fixed and stationed - completely innacurate.

Quote:

I was also told after my ectopic that i should not worry as my one remaining healthy tube can 'swing' around to the ovulating ovary each month and pick up an egg and take it back to the desired spot. I am in Sydney Australia. I have not started trying again my exctopic was in 2008 but plan to start trying again this year

I'm sorry but I guess it is you who is wrong in this regard. You may want to refer this once

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I appreciate your confidence though.

Rubbish ! The ovaries do not take it in turns to ovulate every month you could ovulate for a year from one, and the Fallopian tubes are certainly not stationary they move from side to side ! This is a fact I have only the left ovary and my right tube so please explain to me how I have been able to conceive my child ??