Hello
I had both of my fallopian tubes removed this week and I forgot to ask my Doctor how or if this will affect my hormones. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Hi - I am looking for the same type of information. I recently had both tubes removed and I can't find any information about side effects. What, if any, did you have?

I had my left fallopian tube removed 1/31, and asked my doctor (in length!) about it.

Losing a fallopian tube should not affect your hormones. All it did was provide "shuttle service" for your egg. The ovary will still function as usual, except when you ovulate the egg doesn't go where it should.

Hope this helps!

I had one fallopian tube removed this week. My other tube is completely fine. I still have both ovaries. now that the "bad" tube is no longer present, does anyone know the chances of getting pregnant? just curious for some opinions, thanks

I had my left fallopian tube and my left ovary removed years ago. Even though they were removed, I continued to get pregnant. I have five children and had my right fallopian tube cut and tied after my fifth child. After 18 months, I had a tubal pregnancy (which happened two weeks ago). The Dr. removed my right fallopian tube. So, I only have my right ovary left. So all in all, even though I had one tube and one ovary, I was still getting pregnant. Now that I have only one ovary left, I am curious to see what happens. The Dr. was shocked to see me with a tubal pregnancy only 18 months after having my tube tied. He tells me I am very fertile.

I had my right tube removed 10/7, So far my symptoms have been; Lots of abdominal swelling, some brown and red discharge, significant soreness, pain in my shoulders from the gas hey use in surgery, and some leg pain and im horsed from the breathing tube. Sounds like a lot, but I know in the long run it will be totally worth it. doc says most symptoms will go away in a week or two. Hope this helps. Also I have heard of having some symptoms similar to menopause when one or both tubes are removed.

After ectopic pregnancy (Laparotomy - removal of left Fallopian tube). This was the first pregnancy.?25 DECEMBER 2009
Question;A month ago, My wife (31 years) had to go for a laparotomy to remove the right side fallopian tube for a seven weeks pregnancy. This was the first pregnancy. At first observations the Doctors couldn't find it as ectopic pregnancy but in the 7th week when they found ectopic (tubal) pregnancy, they said its too late now and we have to go for laparotomy to remove the left fallopian tube before it ruptures. My questions are:
Was it right decision by Doctors to make laparotomy at this stage?
Will she or someone conceive with one fallopian tube?
What are the future pregnancy chances?
Is there any chances for ectopic pregnancy again if yes then what could happen?
What precautions we should take?
Please Please Please give the answer in detail. Thanks

ANSWER
1-I can tell you that it's completely possible that she'll get pregnant again. It'll just be a little harder because the right and left ovaries take turns releasing eggs and in the months when her left ovary does it then she won't be able to get pregnant. Not a big deal. I'm sorry for your loss though. Good luck.
I had an ectopic pregnancy back in 2005 and I had my left tube removed (I was about 7weeks pregnant) and people told me that it would be hard for me to get pregnant again and also I might have another ectopic but in 2006 I got pregnant but unfortunately end up with miscarriage at 7 weeks... then in october 2007 I got pregnant again and I just had a beautiful baby boy on 7-11-08....he's giving a hard time but waking up every 3 hours at night though (so don't panic and just try again), just make sure as soon as she missed her period to go to doctor so if she has another ectopic they can detect that early and save her other tube.. good luck
This is no different than any other woman.

The ovaries DO NOT take turns releasing eggs. Some women always release from the same ovary, some women release one egg from each ovary every month. Even before I had an ovary removed at age 24, I almost always ovulated from my right ovary (which is the only one I have now).

I don't know what you mean when you ask if it was "right decision to make laparotomy at this stage". Honey, if your wife had an ectopic pregnancy that was located in her fallopian tube, it was MANDATORY that the pregnancy be removed before it ruptured the tube. That kills women, did they explain that part to you? It isn't possible for an embryo to develop in the tube without finally growing more than the tube can expand.

Yes, your wife will ovulate. That isn't going to change. Her chances of getting pregnant depend on the health of her other tube, and whether or not she ovulates on from the ovary on the side with the tube. But there's no way to know for sure which side she's ovulating from. You just have to trust that she will ovulate on the side with the tube.

Could she have future pregnancies in her other tube? Maybe. It depends on why the first one happened that way. Sometimes women will contract an infection that scars their tubes. A fertilized egg can get partway down the tube but not all the way to the uterus, and that's one of the reasons why it implants in the tube. If she has scarring in her other tube, then yes, this could happen again. She could also go on to have half a dozen perfectly normal pregnancies.

Let me give you a reassuring story, okay? The girl who cuts my hair got married early last year and they wanted a baby this year. They tried for only 3 months, and she was pregnant. And then they found out it was tubal and had the tube removed, and went through all the grieving that you and your wife have experienced. The doctor told her how long he wanted her to wait before she tried again. She waited exactly that long to try, and was pregnant within 3 more months. I just saw her yesterday and this baby is right where it's supposed to be. Mama and baby perfectly fine.

You are going to worry yourself crazy, because you're a husband and that's your job. But while you're worrying, trust the doctors. They'll watch your wife with special care from now on.

Fallopian tube
Scheme female reproductive system-en.svg
Schematic frontal view of female anatomy

Vessels of the uterus and its appendages, rear view. (Fallopian tubes visible at top right and top left.)
Latin tuba uterina
Gray's subject #267 1257
Artery tubal branches of ovarian artery, tubal branch of uterine artery
Lymph lumbar lymph nodes
Precursor Müllerian duct
MeSH Fallopian+Tubes

The Fallopian tubes, named after Gabriel Fallopius (Gabriele Fallopio), also known as oviducts, uterine tubes, and salpinges (singular salpinx) are two very fine tubes lined with ciliated epithelia, leading from the ovaries of female mammals into the uterus, via the utero-tubal junction. In non-mammalian vertebrates, the equivalent structures are the oviducts.

Fallopian Tube

The tube connects the ovary to the uterus as the egg passes through it in a woman's body.

The fallopian tubes are a path in which an egg will travel through in order to reach the male sperm which was released from the Function in fertilization

When an ovum is developing in an ovary, it is encapsulated in a sac known as an ovarian follicle.

On maturity of the ovum, the follicle and the ovary's wall rupture, allowing the ovum to escape and enter the Fallopian tube. There it travels toward the uterus, pushed along by movements of cilia on the inner lining of the tubes. This trip takes hours or days. If the ovum is fertilized while in the Fallopian tube, then it normally implants in the endometrium when it reaches the uterus, which signals the beginning of pregnancy.

Occasionally the embryo implants into the Fallopian tube instead of the uterus, creating an ectopic pregnancy, commonly known as a "tubal pregnanc

Embryology and homology

The Fallopian tubes are not homologous to the vas deferens or any other structure in males.

Embryos have two pairs of ducts to let gametes out of the body; one pair (the Müllerian ducts) develops in females into the Fallopian tubes, uterus and vagina, while the other pair (the Wolffian ducts) develops in males into the epididymis and vas deferens.

Normally, only one of the pairs of tubes will develop while the other regresses and disappears in utero.

[/url]

Please visit the page There you will find the answers to your question.

I just can tell you that my wife got this surgery 15 years ago at age 42 ; during this period she has gained a lot of weight going from 55 kg to some 80 kg.

I had my tubes removed long time ago, I never had any side effects, and no other problems.

The doctor was absolutely right. If he hadn't removed the tube and the pregnancy then it could/would have ruptured and your wife would've died. I had my left one removed last month for the same reason. My doctor was quite adamant about the consequences. o.O

I had both my tubes removed earlier this year. I gained about 10lbs, went through a bit of depression in the early stages. Overall I feel fine!

what is the dr tells u she removed ur right fallopian tube like 4 years ago and then u find out you have a tubal pregnancy attached to the uteral wall and that the tubal pregnancy on the right side ruptured, when you weren't supposed to have one on that side, can this happen

i have both fallopian tube removed for better ivf after three try . i regret my decision i don't know what to do to do and what to think of. the only thing come to mind what now ,if they can replace the fallopian tube by artificial or something.

. I had my left one removed when I was like 13 and im now almost 16. It was because it was twisting on itself ( and probebly due to other factors that made this happen )and was really painfull but after they took it out i was fine after a while. Just had to heal from thee surgery! But I dont really know much about it.

What did he say to ya'll about getting pregnant with no fillopion tubes?