Can my 33 y/o friend conceive & successfully give birth to her first child or children after benign ovarian cysts were rmvd from each ovary resulting in the rmvl of an ovary and a fallopian tube, suffered scarring from the rmvl of endometriosis, and has the uterus intact even though it has a lot of fibroids?

Tell your friend NOT to dispair! My mom had ovarian cancer when she was 28. They removed one ovary and operated on the other, removing cysts. They wanted her to do chemo, but she knew she was going to have more children and simply went home. By an absolute miracle she fully recovered. 3 years later she gave birth to my little brother on Clomid and 3 years after that my sister was born also on clomid. They couldn't afford drugs after that. Then, surprise, when my sister was 2 they had another girl and 4 years later my youngest sister was born. We like to say the last 2 were "free-bee's."
I have no idea what the statistics are on how the chances of conception are decreased when the ovaries are operated on, but I know from first-hand experience that there is DEFINITELY the possibility of having more children!

I want to have a child. I have only my left ovary and found out recently that I have a cyst on my ovary. What are my chances in being able to concieve?

Tina, I'd give you the hope that they'd be pretty good. My right ovary is rather useless (I have an ovarian tumor they are waiting to perform surgery on till I am in my 2nd trimester) and I got pregnant. Talk to your OBGYN and see what they have to say about your particular circumstances.

I had surgery last year March 06 to remove 21 cm cyst on left ovary and 2cm dermoid cyst on right ovary. As a result only 20% of left ovary remained whilst right ovary kept intact.

Then in April 07, I underwent sugery for ectopic pregnancy and this resulted in removal of the right fallopian tube.

I am left with 20% left ovary, left fallopian tube and a right ovary. My periods are on time every month. What are my chances of getting pregnant naturally? Not too keen on IVF

I get tired of people asking me when I am going to have kids!