I’ve been diagnosed with endometriosis, and my doctor suggested to consider hysterectomy as one of the solutions. I’m 45 years old. Anyone with experience on this subject?

About five million women in United States have endometriosis. Endometriosis is a common health problem with woman reproductive system. Endometrium is the tissue that lines the womb. The problem occurs when this tissue grow outside the womb. There are many different endometriosis, and some of them can be found behind uterus, under ovaries or on the bowels. Usually pain is the most common symptom of endometriosis. Hysterectomy is often performed when medications don’t help. This is a process where uterus is removed. Sometimes, ovaries and fallopian tubes are also removed. The recovery period takes from two to eight weeks. This also means that your reproductive period is over. Some of the women said that their sexual desire is decreased after hysterectomy. Remember that removing uterus does not make you less of a woman!