Good afternoon, everyone.. 

First off, my name is Matt and I'm transsexual... But I'm pre-T, pre-Op, so I still have all of my... female parts. Ever since my periods started (They started when I was 12 or 13 and I'm 16 now), they were pretty bad. Over the course of just a year, they got extremely bad and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it continued to get worse, still. 

My periods are always extremely heavy (To the point of changing the pad, like.. 12 times a day. I also gather toilet paper.. like, tons of it, and fold it and lay it on top of the pad to lessen the amount of pad-changes, but that only drops it to changing it 8-10 times a day) and always very abnormal, or 3 days later, or 5 days early. I've only begun to pay closer attention to the dates in which it comes to be prepared for next time. I start wearing a pad, like.. a week before its supposed to come because the 'schedule' is always effed up.

I also have very bad abdominal cramps the entire time, and back pain, and medication (ibuprofren, acetaminophen, meds specifically for period cramps, etc.) doesn't work. The only time it slightly works is if its ibuprofen alone and if I take around 1200mg at once, then 800mg four hours later.

It hurts to urinate (its always a very pressured kind of thing and it kind of burns, too) as well as deal with bowel movements once my period starts up.

I constantly have a headache and fatigue the whole week of it... Um... When the pain gets to its worse, I find that I have a low grade fever. I'll start to sweat, I'll feel nauseous, and I'll get very dizzy.

Also, my lower abdomen (well... pelvic region) is constantly swollen, too. I'm not the skinniest person in the world; I could lose 20lbs (which I'm working on) but even so, my pelvic region should not be as swollen and enlarged as it is. Sometimes I fear I've somehow gotten unfortunately pregnant despite never having sex or being that physically close with a male... When I push on it, it feels rock hard and it hurts to touch it. When my period starts, its very tender and 10x more painful to touch. My entire pelvic region (pelvis, pelvic bone, back, top area of thighs...) hurts like hell every month for about 10 days straight. Its horrible.

I also quite a bit of sadness and anxiety (shaking leg, tapping fingers, panicking when the pain gets really bad, etc) at this time, too. And I'm prone to infections. Like, I have to keep at it 24/7 (keeping 'things' clean) or I'll get infection like *snaps fingers* that.

Here's a sample of how my periods tend to go... Day 1 (night), fairly light. Day 2 (morning), already, its a fricken flood. Day 2 (end) to Day 3 (all day), endless amounts of blood like some never-ending Niagara Falls waterfall. Day 4, still just as heavy. Day 5, same as day 4. Day 6, starts to lighten up a tiiiiny bit unless I move around a lot. Day 7, lightens up a bit more unless I was moving around a lot on Day 6, then its heavy again and lasts 'til Day 12. Day 8 and 9, has become fairly light and I assume its almost done. Day 9 (end) to Day 10, very pale brown discharge... Day 11, its generally stopped. Day 12-13-14, finally stop wearing pads and take the ultimate shower. So you see how insane it is? 

So, is this endometriosis? And how will it be treated? Since I'm trans*, getting a hysterectomy is something I actually need to do anyway, so I don't care if the doctors say this is what needs to be done. Oh! I did have an ultrasound 2 or 3 years ago, and I was told that I had about 7 cysts around my uterus and ovaries. But because the way she put it freaked me out so much, I refused to go back.... Which was a mistake now, because I fear they've only gotten a lot worse and that's what's causing this pain.

I asked my mom to bring me in for another ultrasound, she told me I was just being silly and every female (and pre-T ftm transsexual) goes through this. Not as bad as I, and others have o.O

Please answer asap. Also, any tips on how to decrease this pain would be helpful. I can't sit up, walk, lay down, do anything right now without it getting worse (so basically, no matter I do, it doesn't go away.)

~Matt

You could have polycystic ovary syndrome, but it's hard to tell if you've never been fully tested. I would go back to the doctor and ask them about it and tell them the symptoms you're having. Since you are wanting to have a hysterectomy anyway, you might have to stick it out until then. But here's some information about the condition...

"PCOS is linked to changes in the level of certain hormones:

Estrogen and progesterone, the female hormones that help a woman's ovaries release eggs

Androgen, a male hormone found in small amounts in women

It is not completely understood why or how the changes in the hormone levels occur. The changes make it harder for a woman's ovaries to release fully grown (mature) eggs.  Normally, one or more eggs are released during a woman's period. This is called ovulation. In PCOS, mature eggs are not released from the ovaries. Instead, they can form very small cysts in the ovary.

These changes can contribute to infertility. The other symptoms of this disorder are due to the hormone imbalances.

Most of the time, PCOS is diagnosed in women in their 20s or 30s. However, it may also affect teenage girls. The symptoms often begin when a girl's periods start. Women with this disorder often have a mother or sister who has symptoms similar to those of polycystic ovary syndrome."

From what I read, you can either have hardly no periods, light ones, or even heavy ones that will last. And you will usually get swollen ovaries, which could be why you feel so swollen in the lower stomach region. But as I said, you won't know until you see a doctor and get tests done.

Endometriosis is a gynecological medical condition in which cells from the lining of the uterus (endometrium) appear and flourish outside the uterine cavity, most commonly on the peritoneum which lines the abdominal cavity. The uterine cavity is lined with endometrial cells, which are under the influence of female hormones. Endometrial-like cells in areas outside the uterus (endometriosis) are influenced by hormonal changes and respond in a way that is similar to the cells found inside the uterus. Symptoms often worsen with the menstrual cycle .

Don't worry too much. You needn't choose Hysterectomy. The herbal remedy for endometriosis is a better choice. Though it may work slowly, it can eradicate this disease and doesn't have any side effects. You can get more information in the following website. I hope it can help you.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use