Just had surgery where I thought I was going in for Bilateral ovarian cyst removal and instead had to have both fallopian tubes removed and my left ovary. It seems I have stage 4 endometriosis but I never really had any signs or symptoms, any I did have I thought were GI problems. My question is will I still have a period? If so will I get one everyother month?

i had both of my tubes removed and my left ovary and i still have my periods. sometimes it is heavy with lots of pelvic pain and clots. i also have spotting in between periods. i do want to try and have inverito so that i can get have a baby. good luck ! thought i was the only one in world walking around with no tubes and just one ovary

Well you two are not the only two in this world. I too...

I heard it's possible, but very unlikely. If you do get pregnant there is a good chance that it's ectopic since it's easier for the sperm to find it's way out of utero than an egg inside. I was really late for one period and called my doctors office. They asked me to take a pregnancy test... it was negative, but they said it's not completely impossible, just very unlikely.

In other words I wouldn't plan on trying, but miracles do happen.

I have just come out of hospital after having my second ectopic pregnancy. I now have no fallopian tubes. Mt consultant told me I would be impossible for me and my husband to conceive naturally as there is no way the egg can move from your ovaries to the uterus. The only way of me ever having a baby is with IVF. Apparently I will still have periods though? Is this right? Was just wondering because if I have no egg in my uterus why would it prepare itself by thickening its walls??

Even though you dont have your fallopian tubes you will still have your period as it wont stop the hormones involved in building up your endometrium from being released in the same pattern culminatinating in a period every 28 days are so. There is no way to have natural pregnancy if both fallopian tubes are removed..the tubes are what transport the egg from your ovary into your uterus.Best of luck with the IVF.Sorry for your hardships everyone.at least we are all alive and well.

I just went through my second ectopic as well... Has anyone looked into IVF yet?

To answer the original question, I 've had both tubes removed as well as the left ovary.  I still have  a cycle.  It was normal afterwards for the longest time but now they're very heavy and last 7 days or longer.

some women have gotten pregnant tho. naturally without tubes

Hi,Im Tracy and new to this site. Im glad i looked on the site as i have no one to talk too and i felt like Im the only one in the whole world living like this. Im 35years old with no kids and I've had both tubes out,right ovary and waiting for another lap for complex mass. I just want to say to these lovely ladies,thanks for the encouraging words and i wish you all health and happiness :)) x

Hi ladies,

i also have had my ovary and both tubes removed I am 28 and did feel like it was the end of the world I have read the posts and am happy I stumbled upon this site I was just doing a search as to weather I should be having a period and be in soo much pain however this site is comforting and very insightful of the situation there should be more like this.

i was so sad as myself and my partner have no children and I dont know weather I want to go through the wholesinful process of trying to conceive through IVF due to the chances that it won't  work and I don't think I could deal with the disappointment.  Has anybody had it done and is it as heartbreaking as I think it is or do you think I should try?

hello ladies , im glad i started to read these articles. im 22yrs old 3 yrs ago i had surgey on my ovary i had a cyst removed one ovary removed i stil have both tubes although one had to be reopened but it was blunted..would i ever be able to have kids? i havent been pregnant before or after surgery i just want to know because i would love to bare children before my life is over honestly im scared that i wouldnt be able to have kids and that gets depressing i just need a answer but i know all things are possible

I just came from the doctor and found out that after 6 years of trying to get pregnant on our own I will have to have both of my fallopian tubes removed and try invitro when I am ready which here is at least 10,000$. I guess that I will still have a period which isn't so awesome but that there is hope to get pregnant through ivf. Good luck to you all in your quests for a family!

I have just had my third ectopic, had tube removed and also had a pregnancy in the womb. We are heart broken ad neither will be viable.

I had both my tubes removed due to 2 eptopic pregnancies. I did Ivf even with the very low % rate of getting pregnant. I had 2 embryo implanted and they both took. I now have a beautiful little girl and handsome little boy. They are 5 now. For me there was no question I was going to at least try the process isn't too bad just have to get used to all the shoTs and have faith and pray. best of luck to all of you

I am 29 and about to have surgery for removal of two cyst and possible removal of both tubes. I also my need to do IVF. It's such an emotionally challenging experience. I hope if you do decide to try it I hope it works well the first time.