I need to hear what are effects of tuberculosis for it turns out that this persistent cough in my husband in fact is tuberculosis and the worse thing it is not just about TB infection it is active tuberculosis condition that was not recognized on time. The truth is my husband had this chest pain for quite some time accompanied with this coughing condition but he ignored it. And finally when he started coughing up blood he went to see a doc and was diagnosed with tuberculosis and now I am curious of effects of tuberculosis. Thanks!

Usually effects of tuberculosis are not nice especially when the tuberculosis is not recognized and treated on time –so your husband would be probably prescribed with INH or RIF that are usually prescribed tuberculosis treatment and they needs to be taken up to one year to kill those bacteria that have caused the disease but for this prolonged untreated tuberculosis condition may have some serious effects such as permanent lung damage but even some much worse effects of tuberculosis are possible in untreated conditions such as spreading the infection onto the bones and joints and in some cases the infection might affects the brain also. And there is also another effect of tuberculosis that might be a risk for you too for you know this is in fact a contagious disease so you better have check control on yourself.