My little sister has been diagnosed with tuberculosis. We both go to high school and have same friends and same habits, so I do not understand how she got it. I mean, when one of us is sick, the other is also sick, but this time is different. Anyway, she is in hospital right now and our Mom and Dad told me she'll be there for couple of days. I want to know – how do you get tuberculosis?

You sound as if you are almost sorry this disease has not also affected you. I know that you love your sister, but be reasonable. Tuberculosis is curable and treatable, but not an easy condition. It is very infective, so you should probably stay away from her for a while. How do you get tuberculosis? From a little mycobacterium and it only takes one to become ill. Nevertheless, do not worry. With proper therapy, she will be back on her feet in no time.