Hi. I'm 38 year old male and I have some questions to discuss with you. You see, my first symptoms were swollen and tender lymph nodes. Because, in a same time I had a sore throat, I believed that this is caused by some throat infection and didn’t pay too much attention on it. But then I started to suffer from other symptoms such as hard coughing, fever, fatigue and weight loss. Imidiately I have contacted my GP. He done some lymph nodes biopsy and chest x-ray, and determined that I suffer from some condition called Sarcoidosis.
He has prescribed me Prednisone but didn’t tell anything about it.
Any ideas what this could be?

Well, I can say that I'm very sorry because your GP didn’t inform you better, but I must tell you that this could be very serious condition.
Sarcoidosis is characterized by a persistent inflammation of the involved tissues accompanied with presence of nodular formations in it. The cause of sarcoidosis is unknown but it was considered to be a form of tuberculosis but this isn’t proven.
You must know also that there was some talking about malignant character of this process- but- there is no evidence to suggest that it is a malignant disease. But, main problem is in fact that nodules of sarcoidosis can interfere with normal functioning of the involved tissues and organs. There is no specific cure for sarcoidosis but some anti-inflammatory drugs such as Prednisone can be prescribed.