Could you tell me something about Ritalin effectiveness in treating ADHD for my 10 year old son was diagnosed recently with ADHD? He never before was on any ADHD treatment for I haven't recognized his overactive behavior and impatience as a serious disease or actually until recently he wasn't having so serious symptoms. So what do you think about Ritalin effectiveness in treating ADHD?

Usually patients diagnosed with ADHD are being prescribed with some CNS stimulant such as Ritalin and its effects are usually manifested in improved attention condition which is the main symptoms of ADHD. My 4 year old daughter is also diagnosed with ADHD and is regularly taking Ritalin and it is obvious that her condition has improved but I also combined this Ritalin ADHD therapy with behavioral therapy in order to improve his behavioral condition. I had a hard time making my daughter taking the Ritalin tablets orally so she is usually been injected Ritalin tablet dissolved in water but just to let you know if your kid is going to take Ritalin the same way than some complications might occur such as the blockage of small blood vessels-I don't know what's the reason to this. Anyway if you are afraid your kid might get addicted to the Ritalin –it is not possible if used in prescribed dosages.