Hey everyone,

I ran across a friend of mine today while jogging, we teamed up and continued our training together. Later on, when we started walking in order to take a break from running, he told me that our another friend has heart block because he was training too much and that now he can't train at all anymore.

This didn't make much sense to me but I didn't ask him anything because it seemed so irrelevant. But now when I think about it, it might happen to me as well. So does anyone know what is heart block and how can it be prevented?

Hi Alan,

Heart block is just one of many types of heart arrhythmias, I'm almost sure that you heard about these at some point of your life.

Anyway, heart block is an abnormal heart rhythm where the heart beats too slowly, it is also called bradycardia. In this condition, the electrical signals that tell the heart to contract are partially or totally blocked between the upper chambers and the lower chambers. However, this condition is rarely dangerous so I don't really think that this could make your friend stop his exercises, he should be able to exercise almost like a healthy person, I don't know who told him that.

Hey Adria,

So you are trying to tell me that I don't have much to worry about then? That's always good to hear. 

Is there anything that I can actually do or change in my lifestyle in order to prevent this from happening to me? Are there any risk factors that I could avoid? Please tell me, if anyone knows, how prone I might be to this and what can I do in order to prevent it. Heart problems are a big deal to me, not just to me, to everyone, I guess, and I want to continue keeping my life as healthy as it is now.

Hey Alan,

I'm pretty sure that you are doing just fine and that you are not prone at all to getting a heart block.

Main risk factors of heart block are some other heart conditions so your friend probably already had some heart problems before he figured out that he has heart block. These risk factors include heart failure, prior heart attack, heart valve abnormalities, heart valve surgeries, some medications or exposure to toxic substances, lime disease, and aging. 

Like I said, and now you are going to see it for yourself, I'm almost sure that you don't have anything to do with any of these risk factors.

Thank you Stradivarius, that cleared it out for me.

I'm still pretty young so aging shouldn't be an issue here. I also never had any problems with my heart nor did I have any surgeries done so I'm 100% sure now that I don't have to worry about this matter anymore.

I talked to my friend yesterday, I gave him a call and when I asked him about our mutual friend's condition, he did tell me that he had a surgery done before he found out that he has a heart block, so I'm guessing that he can't exercise anymore because of some other reasons.

In heart block, the heartbeat of the heart is irregular due to blockage. The type of heart blockage is first degree, second degree, third degree. 

Second degree heart block can be further divided into two. 1. Mobitz type - I 2. Mobitz type - II For heart block prevention: 1. Don't smoke 2. Do exercise 3. Eat healthy diet 4. Take advice from doctors You can schedule an appointment with a doctor for the needful advise.

Regards,

Hello everyone.
I think that I can help you since I have problems with it. Well, a normal heartbeat is initiated by an electrical signal that comes from the heart’s natural pacemaker, the sinoatrial (SA) node, located at the top of the right atrium. This electrical signal travels through the atria and reaches the atrioventricular (AV) node. After crossing the AV node, the electrical signal passes through the bundle of His. This bundle then divides into thin, wire-like structures called bundle branches that extend into the right and left ventricles. That is basically it. I am not sure how to prevent it since I find out that I have it, so I think that prevention didn’t played a huge role in my case.

Hey. There are definitely some prevention options. And if you want to avoid it you should follow those tips. First, you should always avoid industrial oils in your everyday menu. They are bad and they can damage your heart and your health. Also, you should eat traditional, saturated fats. Eat less sugar. Avoid it as much as you can. I know that this can be very hard, but sometimes we need to give up on good things that we like to remain healthy. Eat organ meat and egg yolks as well.  Those are just a couple of tips that you can follow. Good luck.

Hello there.
I love alternatives and home methods that I can do alone in my home always. I believe that the best way to prevent heart block and any heart disease generally are nutrition methods. You need to make effort to put in your meal vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin C all the time. Also B complex is very good as well. What about garlic? Did you know that garlic is also very helpful and that garlic can treat almost every disease? Well, it can. It can even be a part of the prevention of the heart block. You should definitely try it. Good luck.

Hey. Well, yes. I have to agree with you and tell you that those home methods are really good and I also vote for them. I am sure that good and balanced eating plan can help you in preventing not just heart disease, but it can help you prevent any other problems in your health. I believe that with good diet program you can have normal and healthy heart, but also you should consider to exercise as much as you can and whenever you can. Optimum is four times a week. But you can create some program by yourself alone.