I went to see a doctor about the mild pain I’ve been having in my right testicle. I had ultrasound which showed cyst. It is so called epididymal cysts. He told me that I can choose between surgery and doing nothing. Well, if I don’t do anything I will still have pain in the testicle. But again having a surgery on my testicle is quite scary. What if I can’t have children after that? I am hopeless! What I should do with this epididymal cyst? How these procedures look like?

I had the same problem year ago. I’ve been told that epididymal cysts are very common and benign. My doctor told me that intervention is needed if the pain is severe or if it is cyst uncomfortably large. Anyway surgical removal of an epididymal cyst does not necessarily require removal of the epididymis itself. If the other testicle is functional there is no risk of infertility, but there is of the infection. It is very short procedure, with general or local anesthesia depends what is better for you.