I'm 22 year old male and three days ago I have noticed one very serious symptom on my left testicle. It looks like some lump and I didn’t know what could cause it. It’s rather painful!
Anyway, I was afraid it could be some kind of tumor or something but luckily, I've read that they can't be found on the surface of testicle but deep inside.
Then, one good friend told me it is nothing so uncommon and that we are talking about testicular cyst. It is very common condition and he also developed one few years ago. But he told me that they aren’t causing any pain. Should cyst on my scrotum be painful or what…?

Hello. I believe also like your friend told you- that you’ve developed one form of epidermal cyst on your scrotum. These cysts form in place where it was some sebaceous gland and they can have the size of marbles that feel like painless lumps. So, the answer on your question is –no! Cysts on scrotum shouldn’t cause you any pain.
But, there is one thing you should know.
If left untreated- these cysts can be infected with several bacteria that could normally be found on testicles. It is called- bacterial superinfection. In this case- area around the cyst is red, swollen and very painful. This condition could be easily treated with some strong antibiotics or surgical excision.

i had problems with soreness on my testicle and groin area. The pain subsided then returned. The soreness, discomfort continued till the pain affected me walking and standing. I went to see the doctor, i was off for a few days of work and was given meds. The pain continued for 4 wks before surgery was performed to remove the cyst. See a doctor and get advise!

dude go see a urologist and maybe get a ultrasound... I have the same problem and im getting the medical run around for 2 years now.... and if in doubt get another opinion of another urologist.... go see one specializing in scrotal and or testicular cysts. oh yeah and everyone says the same thing that it shouldnt be causing me pain but here I am in pain every day of my life. I have to wait another 3 months supposedly to get mine looked at as I just had varicocelle surgery a couple months ago.