I was diagnosed with a very painful cyst under my left testical nearly 7 years ago. It was identified via ultra sound and for the first few months it was nearly debilitating. I was treated with antibiotics and pain killers (hrdrocodone/oxycodone). Throughout the past 7 years I have flare ups periodically. My cyst is located on the epididymal tubes behind my left testical. I read that most are left untreated and rarely painful. What about my case which is EXTREMELY painful no matter how I choose to lay etc. when it flares? Usually after exercise, riding in a car for awhile, after sex or ejaculation a couple times.....After 7 years it still hurts and hinders. I was told that surgery could be minimal to no help due to scar tissue left behind. Any thoughts, opinions, or advice? Thanks!

I have two cysts. One on each testicle and they hurt exactly as you described....

I've had them for over 12 years. I've seen a few doctors and they have basically told me to wear supportive underwear (that doesn't solve the problem, but it does help a bit).

I would really like to solve the problem, but have no idea how. My worry is even if I did get them removed the scar tissue would cause just as much pain, but I don't know.

I had one removed from my right testicle after dealing with the pain for 3 years.  Waited until my wife and I had decided we were finished having children and scheduled it.  While I was there I had them go ahead and snip the other side.  The only complication I had was the Urologist accidentally stitched my testicle to my scrotum so it was stuck upstairs so to speak.  When I went back to him he said it was normal and would drop in time.  well after 6 months I went to another urologist and he said not only was it not normal, but the first one did not get all of the cyst.  The second surgery went fine and all went back to normal.  For 5 years now I have been pain free.  However a cyst has now developed on my right one recently and is more painful than the first one was.  I did not hesitate to see the second urologist again, and am scheduled for the surgery in a couple weeks.  Scar tissue was never an issue with either of my previous surgeries.  There is only about 2 days of downtime, and is manageable after the first day....... Best decision I made, because that pain is like none other as you know.  just my experience.

I have had the same problem for over 11 years, I first noticed a lump and pain in the left Epididymis, which was examined by doctors stating it was an Epididymal Cyst, but since 2012 I have got pain and a lump in the right Epididymis, and after reading online about it, I noticed that this problem can also be Epididymitis, an infection caused from bacteria left behind from a STD Infection or Urinary Tract Infection, this problem usually starts in the left testicle, and my problem has spread to the right testicle, in the exact same place as the left testicle, and now I am getting pain in all of the testicles and groin, which could be Epididymo Orchitis, which can cause Septicemia, (Blood Poisoning) so when having problems in the Epididymis, it is always better to have it fully checked out, and if it is an Epididymal Cyst which is causing pain and is on going, then surgery is required to have the cyst removed, or the Epididymis removed, which I need to have done,

Hi, I have had them for five years. Several years ago I read that taking a zinc tablet on a regular bases helps. As zinc tablet are cheap at a supermarket essaouira try it out.

After a couple of days the pain seriously reduced, within a week no pain at all. I then took them for a further week and stopped. Until recently, I was pain free for two years.

I asked my doctor on her opinion before trying. She had never heard of it but said it wouldn't do me any harm as long as I don't take them for a long period of time.

My cysts are claiming up again, I have took two pills and can already feel the pain reducing.However one side effect I am finding is I have been becoming more hornier when taking them

I also had a cyst removed just last year 2016. Here is what I have learned. They are common for men and some men dont experience pain. Surgery is an option but doesn't always eliminate the pain, and they can grow back on same testicle. Unfortunately it didn't eliminate my pain, I am now considering total removal of the testicle but my doctor also says that might not eliminate the pain either. I wish u all the best of luck!!

Are you still experiencing the pain now? I have the same it's a dull ache which goes up into my groin and has the feeling as though I have been hit in the testicles, (butterfly feeling but very mild) i try to walk different to compensate the heaviness I sometimes get. I've been told surgery could cause scar tissue like you said. Usually tends to occur after exercise or sexual activity. Sometimes it can also be fine.

So you took the Zinc pill daily?

I'm so glad I found this. I have been in agony for the last year and a half. Nothing helps. Hot weather seems to make it worse. Started as a sharp pain on the left side of my penis. It feels like there is a sharp object stuck in my urinary tract near or in my penis. As that pain steadily got worse, pain began forming in lower left abdomen, similar to being hit in the scrotum. They have run scores of test and given round after round of antibiotics. The only thing they have found was a cyst on my left testicle, but they have constantly dismissed it as the cause. I am at tge end of my rope. I can barely work or do anything else for that matter. It has affected every area of my life in a horrible way. I am finally getting a second Urologist opinion. The first one was horrible. I will plead for removal

I've had a cyst since I was a teenager I'm now almost 40 years old. The only time I felt pain was if I played around with it between my fingers (secretly wishing it away). Last night however, I decided to masturbate after a few days of no orgasm. until pain began in my L testicle that increased in the hot shower I took right after, leaving my testicle, tubes and abdomen in pain. I try to go to bed but the pain wouldn't let me sleep in any position. I felt the cyst ... it was slightly harder than usual. I decided to squeeze it gently remembering that it was filled with liquid I concluded most likely it was semen and it was stretching the cysts to the point of pain. A second or two after squeezing the pain immediately went away replaced by an even duller pain like a small bruise, but really negligible. I felt relief immediately and fell asleep right away. Today I barely feel anything. Hopefully this will help some of you, just be extra gentle as you drain the liquid back into the testicle... and real slow. I still have the cyst, I'm not going to test my luck lol

I've had the same issue.. I have had my left testicle removed in 2001 due to a vericocele (varicose vein in the scrotum). I've the cyst on the right remaining for over 10 yrs but was diagnosed in 2012. It gets bigger at times but when I have a flair up which I am in right now I have extreme pain and a feeling like a vibrating feeling from the cyst to my prostate which feels like a cat purring actually. Has anyone had that experience? My urologist has tried me on Flomax thinking it might help because he does not want to do surgery but it did not help. He was going to do surgery until I said I could not do an outpatient surgery due to pain control because I've had over 25 major surgeries, most abdominal hernias,, so I have a high tolerance for pain meds and need it to be under control before coming home. So I am seeing the PA tomorrow at the Urologist office because my Dr left. So maybe another one in the office will do something because right now nothing helps and it's maddening. Also now when I masturbate it hurts really bad when I climax. Anybody this sounds familiar?????

There are new procedures, one is a local numbing agent, the other is a small surgery that kills the nerve permanently numbing the testicle

Yes almost every review has all or some of the pain i feel. Urologist says to wait for surgery and that may not even help. I had hernia like pain for 4 days of bed rest finally got moving around and the set up appt. I then found 2 cyst left and right YAY me... Wish there was more help bc i dont see any good answer. I will tuff it out until i cant im 31 and still want my options to reproduce. I will try zinc sounds like a good thing. Good luck guys. Glad to see we are not alone.

I’m glad I found this thread - I’ve been having the same pain but in my right testicle for the past 6+ years. I’m now 22 and always fear it could be something worse.

Been told I have a cyst and nothing to worry about but lately I have been feeling lower back pain and abdominal pain too.

STI? Cancer? Unrelated? I’m not sure!

Not sure if i’m glad to have found this, to know other poor guys are suffering too.
I have the same problem, but reading all these posts have definitely made my testicle ache more, sometimes I’m not sure if it’s in my mind! Although I have been diagnosed with cysts.
Think I will try the zinc tablets today but just the thought of the squeezing idea, puts me in more pain