My daughter had some kind of pressure and pain in her abdomen. She is only 17 years old so I took her to the doctor. It looked like cause is some gynecological problem, so we went to the gynecologist. After some examinations he diagnosed her with ovarian cysts. What surprised me is that her doctor didn’t seem to be worry so I want to know if that is normal.

Cyst is a fluid filled sac that can be located anywhere in the body. There are different types of cysts that could form on the ovary. The most common type is called a functional cyst. This one is formed during the normal menstrual cycle. Each month, every woman’s ovaries grow tiny cysts that hold eggs. When this egg matures, the sac breaks open to release the egg, so it can travel through the fallopian tube for fertilization. Then, sac should be dissolved. In one type of functional cysts called follicular cyst, sac doesn’t break open to release the egg and may continue to grow. This type of ovarian cysts usually disappears within one to three months. Probably that is case with her, so doctor guess it will disappear on its own.