I'm a 23 year old guy and have been worried about my right testicle for about a year now. About 10 or 11 months ago, I noticed 2 epididymal lumps on my right side - one towards the bottom of the testicle and one towards the top (which was painful). I wasn't too worried as I read about epididymal cysts etc. Then about 6 months ago, I first noticed a tiny, hard, painless, round bump on the top of my right testicle. This scared me because I thought it could be cancer, so I went to the doctor, who seemed completely unworried about the whole thing and then sent me to an ultrasound tech. The ultrasound tech told me everything looked normal and that the little round lump on the top of my right testicle was too small to worry about and that it was most likely old scarring from an old infection I had gotten over myself.

About a month or 2 ago, the pain from the epididymal stuff began to get worse and worse. I'm at a point right now where I can't sleep at night, sometimes I feel throbbing, shooting pains in my testicle at night and I feel a constant dull ache otherwise (day and night).

I don't have any stomach or back pains, and the pain is just limited to the right testicle.

The small round lump on the testicle itself MAY have gotten a little bigger in the past couple of months.

As of today I felt another change in the testicle - it's not completely smooth anymore, it feels like theres a vein running across it (this is not the epididymis, this is ON the testicle itself and runs diagonally, doesnt hurt or anything),

I'm really scared and upset because I can't sleep, I'm in constant pain, and I'm worried that no doctor seems to take it seriously. Should I go straight to a urologist? What should I do?

ANY advice or similar experiences would help, thanks in advance!

I had the same problem and I still have it. I even went to the urologist but he said everything is normal. He took me to the ultrsound tech and said he can't see anything abnormal about my testicle. He even referred me further to another Doctor (urologist) who said the same thing. The problem is I still feel pains in my right testicle as you have described. This started when I was 19 but I'm 28 years old now and I have a baby girl aged 8 months. This is still a problem and it is worrying me because I don't know what is wrong with my right testicle. The urologist I have mentioned above has referred me to another urologist but I didnt manage to go there yet because it is far and I was not in the country for sometime. I'll post something after going to the Dr.

I have the exact symptoms and pain problems as both of the previous posts. I am tired of the doctor not taking me seriously and the urologist acting as if this is common and typical in a male of my age (45).I have talked with so many people and no one has ever heard or experienced this before. So how common is this really. I had no idea there was anyone else suffering with this until I got on here. You know, I was always told when growing up, when you experience pain it is your bodies way of saying there is something wrong. Evidently, my doctor and urologist was sick on that day of class. I would like to have some answers because it has been 9 months and no answers so far....and a whole lot of money to fatten their wallets.

I'm in the same boat as you guys, except I don't have any lumps and I'm only 12. Is this just puberty, or something worse?

I am 18 and found an epididymal cyst above my right testicle. It was there since early November this year.

It's like a fluid-filled sac that is painless but it brings discomfort to my body in physical and mental ways.

I don't feel at all any testicular pain nor stomach pain after taking the antibiotic Zinnat, but 

I suffer now mainly from occasional brain fog, especially when I'm laying down on my bed. I cannot feel relaxed

and my head feels4 strained. It also lowers my sex drive. It bothers me really much. 

I am 44 years old  and I also have problems with my right testicle. lately it feels like there is 2 or 3 testicles in 1, it is painful. I also get back pain, stomach pain and I am very fatigue. I see the Doctor tomorrow I am trying to be positive about this but I am very worried. 

Hey, I'm 14, and from what I have read, I believe that we have the same problem. This has been going on ever since I hit puberty,
(able to produce sperm.) This pain happens rarely (about 1 to 2 times a year) lasting about a couple of day's to a week! I really hope that something is done about this problem because I really do not want to have to deal with this for the remainder of my life!
The pain Is usually unbearable and causes me to not sleep as well.
                                                                                                                 P.S. I do not know if I should see a doctor since everyone
                                                                                                                        who has had the same problem doesn't get help
                                                                                                                         or at least some advice from one.
                                                                                                                         I'm just going to weight this out and hope for the best!

I have the same problem little empididymal lump on my right and a tiny pain in my left which doesnt last for long

So what happned? I am 42 ans have rt side varicocele amd two painful lumps, one on top of each teste, they move around and thet are hard when i squeeze, they seem to be gettong larger and sometimes there is a small really hard bb size at the tip, I am guessing epidiymal cyst, also , the past two months there has been groin, lower back and abdominal pain. Had ultrasound, ct scan, antibiotics and steroids but no luck...please let me know what has happened since you r post.....nooone seems to come back with what cured or helped them ...My guess is everyone comitted suicide as this pain will rob you of any chance of living a quality life...please someone let me know if you have had this for over four month s like me and docs r clueless with all that education and all the money we give them.....they tell us it s nothing ,,,well lumps and pain are not tnothing ...it means something is wrong and i can pinpoint my pain exactly to the heads of my epidymis where there is inflammation and small grape size lumps that move , not a spermatocele,, more like an epidiymal cyst,, seems to get larger and harder when pain is bad, also , sometimess ican feel a small hard bb size thing at the tip of the lumps???any advice anyone with a solution????

i have the same problem n i m 21yeras old.... ple reply anyone...

I have been having the same problem for years. I have seen multiple urologists. They have found small cysts there, but they all act like it shouldn't cause pain, so they don't offer help.

They told me they could to remove the testicle and that might help... might not. Not reassuring

Hey man, I'm 31 and last year I as well had an epididymil cyst removed from my right testicle because it was so incredibly painful. I was and I still am getting the same EXACT pains that you have described above. It's amazing, just as you said, there's a constant aching pain (as if kicked in the testicles 3 minutes ago) and I get these horrible shooting pains from my testicle to my inguinal canal and sometimes down my right thigh. I had the 1st cyst removed in Feb 2012 and by June 2012 the damn thing grew back and is now twice as bad. I've seen so many different specialists and Dr's and they all say the same thing to me; "these hydroceles don't cause pain by themselves so it's not a big issue". Meanwhile, some nights I lay in bed in the fetal position from the crippling pain it brings me! I've seen urologists in Philadelphia, New York and Delaware County PA and none of them understand how painful this is! I don't even know what to do anymore and at my witt's end with it... Seriously, none of them understand how painful these can be!? I had an inguinal hernia repair a month prior to having the cyst removed and now as I've researched, a lot of times the "symptoms" I have are often times misdiagnosed as inguinal hernias! So along with the cyst, I now have a piece of metal mesh pressing down on my right inguinal canal which is not helping whatsoever! Just like you... I don't know what to do? I have a lawyer to help me get disability while I get my situation fixed, but of coarse they don't want to pay because having an epididymal cyst isn't a valid enough reason to get disability. I have a promotion waiting for me when I return to work, but there's no way i can work like this. I rarely even drive nor leave the house anymore for that matter so i feel your pain man! Sorry I can't help in any kind of way, but know that you are not alone. For awhile I thought I was going crazy because every test I'd get would come out okay. The only result I've had so far was an ultra-sound confirming the cyst grew back. Lesson of the day... these Dr's don't know half what they believe they do!

Hey guys try this it works. Drink Buchu tea, three times a day and 

Take 3 capsules of Saw Palmetto 3 Times a Day. The pain will disappear 

And the lump will be reduce and within time it will disappear.

I think they can pull the whole cord and testical out. Did they offer that option? I was diagnosed with two cyst 13mm & 9mm back in '94 in right epi which flare up a few times a year . The pain normally last a few days but this current attack has lasted over a week now - dosen't affect my sleep though. just usually a dull to throbing pain that can travel upwards -nothing new.

Hello all, 24yrs old, I have what seems to be an epididymal cyst in my right tube, a small bb size lump on the actual right testicle, and brutal pain. I also was given the crappy advice to have an ignial hernia repair done which did nothing but now cause much more pain and a new pain like something stabbing me in the right side of my pubic area. I have finally found after 4 urologist, what I think is all of our answer. The last dr I saw, said I have "chronic epididimytis" which is still a mystery in most ways to the medical world. As of now he said all they know is it acts like having the normal epididimytis but without having the infection that causes it. Usually they try antibiotics, and ignial hernia repair. If that doesn't work, it's this "chronic epididimytis". Which as of now, they are now experimenting with nerve related surgeries. I know this information doesn't help anyone actually feel better, but maybe you can all go back and slap your drs for being so dumb. Since it is still unknown why this happens with out the epididimytis infection being present, urologist are supposed to be documenting and monitoring patients who have this issue. Hope this helps everyone, I've been dealing with this for 4yrs now just to finally find the answer which is...your screwed with this forever until someone in medical research figures it out. I'm also located in Canada, figured I'd include that since lots of comments mention u.s places. Atleast my appointments were all free! Take care everyone hope this does give some good insight.