Hello! My adrenal cyst was found incidentally during sonography. My doctor says it is small and asymptomatic (whatever that means) and non-functional and that the surgery is not needed. He also says the cause may be bacterial infection or parasites. I am afraid these cysts will grow and create problems and I am thinking about removing it.

Hello! Adrenal cysts are rare and most of them are found incidentally during some other examinations. Symptomatic adrenal cysts should be operated, but small, asymptomatic, non-functional cysts (such as yours) with benign characteristics should be treated conservatively with regular follow-up. Your doctor will perform regular sonography and hormonal tests in order to track all possible changes.

Hello there,

As my mother is always saying: if it is not broken don’t fix it! Since this is small and asymptomatic cyst which is not going to cause you any troubles, at least your doctor says so and thinks so and after all he is medical expert, I believe that it is best to listen to him about this matter.

I mean, do you really want to undergo some unnecessary procedure just because you are thinking about worst case scenario? Be positive and think positive and forget about this matter until your next regular checkup. If there is any change and necessity for additional tests and procedures I am sure that your doctor will inform you and until then enjoy in your life and don’t worry over small things.