I am 21 years old and have been masturbating since age 11. I want to know if there were potential side effects from over masturbation. I masturbate at least three times a week, normally before going to sleep. The question came to me because at my last physical my doctor mentioned to me that I had a low white blood cell count, he researched my health history and believed it to be just part of my biology. Due to embarrassment, I didn't tell him that I frequently masturbate. After getting my physical results, I decided to research the effects of low white blood cell count and found fatigue to be one of the side effects. Fatigue is also one of the potential side effects of frequent masturbation. I suffer from being constantly tired even if I've had 8 hours sleep and have taken a nap during the day. Even if I eat healthy, exercise regularly (with a trainer) and take a multi vitamin, vitamin B12 and Folic Acid(as recommended from my doctor, I still suffer from fatigue. I've never been over weight, I'm only 156 lbs at 5'9". I'm starting to believe that maybe the over masturbation is the reason for my exhaustion. I don't feel pain in my lower extremities and the way I masturbate doesn't cause skin chaffing.

Hi Ammar,

No.  Frequent masturbation does NOT have any potential side effects.

Your body is making sperm all the time and even if you don't masturbate you'd still ejaculate - nocturnal emissions.  Your body MUST get rid of old sperm.

There are MANY causes of low white blood cell counts.  Yes it can be congenital but it can indicate underlying conditions.  Have they run any additional tests to determine the cause of the low count?  Not to scare you but it can indicate cancer, leukemia, lupus, etc. 

Don't ever be ashamed of masturbating either.  EVERYONE does it.  Be honest with your doctor.

Again, masturbation is not causing your low WBC. 

Hope it helps.

I have done four blood tests recently and every single time it was low. My hematologist doesn't really know why its low and she thinks it could be my biology. I have to see her next week since she did antibody test, but I don't know the results yet. I just don't like the fatigue I feel accompanied with muscle weakness. I really hate having low energy and no motivation.I hope I can find the cause to my problems. I appreciate your response.

Suggested natural treatments to boosts white blood cells are welcomed!

Ammar! i m not a doctor and dont know about this field but one of my friend was facing problem of being EXAUSTED and fatigued all the time,,,, so i think this might be the same case,,,
i.e. this might be a reason of NOT PROPER FUCNTIONING or Production of some growth harmones,,, like thyroid etc etc,,, thyroxin,,

- please ask about this from your doctor,,

and reply me if u got something like that..

Hi overmasturbation can cause injuries to your stomach lining and may lead to gastritis.a lot of white blood cells would be needed to rectify the problem.check whether you have gas rictus take madicines and stop masturbating or else there will no more damages done.i had the same problem.take shilajit or tongkat Ali to restore your energy.well wishes.

I'am abhi from Hyderabad and my age is 20
It feels ambarising to say dat I masturte daily once before sleep and trying to make it less..
Is it better if I continue or it may effect me or should I make it less

I have a similar issue as well I think it has to do with low dopamine. You have probably desensitized the reptors. Come off all stimulants to let them regulate. I just found out my results today

Same. My platelet count is low, I also don't ever get enough energy. I find myself wanting to sleep alot. Was worried the cause might be my recent masturbation but I feel more assured now that it's not. I hope you get your blood cells back, did you get pills for that btw?

Haha, I am also 21 and masturbated since age 11. Too much I think.

What causes low white blood cells ?